3.3 over 2.5

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gotgasracing

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hello guys,
I have been off the hobby for about a year now. I want in back again, and just found out there is a new engine from traxxas... Is it any good the 3.3?
Could I just swap my 2.5 to the 3.3 with the traxxas Engine Replacement Plan? or do I need an extended chasis, transmission... etc?

Hope the new 3.3 runs cooler, as I haven't been able to lower the temperature o my 2.5, always runs in the range between 280- 340...

The 3.3 is a direct drop in and you can use your 2.5 to get the 3.3 via ERP. It's a decent motor but still gets out run by the OS. But from the standpoint of the ERP it's a much cheaper option.

gotgasracing said:
Hope the new 3.3 runs cooler, as I haven't been able to lower the temperature o my 2.5, always runs in the range between 280- 340...

IMO if you can get the 2.5 to run good you won't be able to get the 3.3 to run good. I have a 2.5 that runs great 250-260 and will run tank after tank. I did seal it and it made a big difference.

OS 18 TM V/S 3.3..I had a Trinity pipe he had the THS and I never lost.

my 3.3 runs great and like maxxin said i never have lost to a revo with and os either......good motor for the price....

Back