HPi Savage RTR 25 yes 25

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CRSMP5

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
832box.jpg

HPI Racing is proud to announce the new RTR Savage 25 monster truck! The 1/8th scale Savage 25 is designed to be our most powerful RTR kit ever! It takes the popular Savage to the next level, giving monster truck enthusiasts more power, higher speeds, and several extra exciting new option parts as standard equipment!

832.jpg

The heart of the Savage 25 is the powerful new Nitro Star S-25 that has 20% more displacement than the previous model. It’s a .25 cubic inch (4.1cc) big block engine that features a billet aluminum heatsink head for extra cooling, dual bushing aluminum connecting rod, true ABC chrome sleeve construction for durability, and a simplified dual needle 7mm slide carburetor for easier tuning with a composite body for better performance at higher temperatures. The new S-25 is so powerful that we were able to gear the truck for higher top speeds, yet still retain excellent punch off the line. A high speed spur gear (49T) and larger clutchbell (15T) are now standard equipment, and we also include an 18 tooth clutchbell high speed on-road driving! Customers will immediately notice that the Savage 25 has more punch and higher top speed.

For added convenience we have added our popular Roto Start System, eliminating the pullstarter from the engine! Owners will no longer have to worry about getting blisters from trying to start their engines - a press of the button and the engine roars to life! An added bonus of the Roto Start is that primer button on the fuel tank isn’t needed, so we took it out to help reduce the possibility of air leaks. While we were revising the fuel tank we took the opportunity to move the fuel pick-up to the rear of the tank to help make the truck run more consistently through the entire tank of fuel. A ceramic in-tank fuel filter is now standard.

s-25m35.jpg

The buzz in the pits is that the Savage is the toughest and best handling monster truck on the market, but our R&D team set out to make it even better. To help handle the increased power we’ve gone to a heavy duty three-shoe clutch instead of the standard two-shoe design, which helps launch the truck harder under all conditions. Newly designed ribbed wheel hex hubs are now included to help cope with the increased power, gripping the wheel better to prevent stripped wheels. Stiffer shock springs are now standard, giving a flatter trajectory over large jumps and crisper performance when cornering at higher speeds.

832chas1m35.jpg
832chas2m35.jpg

The Savage 25 comes completely factory assembled; everything is done for the customer - even the tires are glued to the wheels. In less than 15 minutes customers can be driving their Savage 25 trucks! Based on requests from our RTR customers, we include a complete Instruction Manual that covers the entire assembly/disassembly process.

To top it off, we gave the Savage 25 a fresh new coat of paint. The wild red/silver/graphite graphics are sure to attract attention, and the entire body is completely ready to go right out of the box. It’s painted, trimmed and decaled to look exactly like the truck on the front of the Savage 25 box.

832fm35.jpg
832rm35.jpg

Most of the chassis parts are carried over from the Savage 21, proven to be extremely durable and supported by a huge assortment of option parts from HPI and other manufacturers. The running changes to the Savage 25 were designed to maintain the excellent parts support already on the market, yet offer the customer a faster and more durable truck.

To wrap up the package, the Savage 25 is competitively priced. Even with the long list of added features – Roto Start, bigger engine, extra gearing – the street price for the truck will only be around $20 more than the Savage 21. Now is the time to place your orders, our initial shipments will arrive in early October!

Features:

Nitro Star S-25 engine (ABC) with slide carburetor
Purple anodized, billet aluminum heatsink engine head
Roto Start System installed!

Aluminum high flow tube rear exhaust header
Stiff black shock springs
New rear pick-up 160cc fuel tank with no primer
Three-shoe clutch
Revised wheel hex hubs
Pre-painted trimmed GT-1 truck body in all-new colors with Savage 25 decals applied
Giant 1/8th scale (16.8" x 21")
Factory assembled
Full-time shaft driven four wheel drive
Complete set of rubber sealed ball bearings
TF-4 radio system with high torque steering servo
Composite tuned pipe and aluminum rear exhaust header
Cast aluminum heavy-duty engine mount
Heavy-duty drivetrain and suspension optimized for big-block engines
Hardened metal differential gears
Adjustable 2 speed transmission with heavy-duty metal internal gears
Adjustable slipper clutch
Adjustable disc brake
Wide-track suspension (nearly 17 inches wide!)
Stainless steel inboard hinge pins with anodized aluminum braces
8 long stroke oil-filled coilover shock absorbers
Rigid aluminum TVP chassis (Twin Vertical Plates)
Enclosed radio box for protection of electronics
Front and rear skidplate bumpers
Adjustable body posts (with extra mount for SUV bodies)
Chrome 5 spoke wheels and all-terrain tires (with inner foam)
*Compatible with T-Maxx bodies
*Compatible with T-Maxx wheels
*Compatible with T-Maxx tires

--Optional reverse module for transmission (using the 3rd channel of the TF-4 radio system)

See this chart for an easy comparison of the Savage 25 to the Savage 21!

RTR Savage 21 RTR Savage 25
Engine 21BB Nitro Star S-25
Starting System Manual Pullstart Roto Start System
Spur Gear 52T 49T
Clutch Bell 14T 15T or 18T
Clutch Type Two Shoe Three Shoe
Shock Springs Red Medium Black Firm
Fuel Tank with primer, front pick-up without primer, rear pick-up
Body Black-Silver-Purple Red-Black-Silver-Gray

21BB Nitro Star S-25
Size .21 .25
Horsepower @ RPM 2.3hp @ 30,000 2.5 @ 29,000
Heatsink Head cast metal Machined Aluminum
Case silver Black Heatsink Coating
Carburetor metal Composite
Carb Adjustments High, Mid, Low simplified to High and Low
Connecting Rod single bushing Dual Bushing
Construction ABC ABC

832sm35.jpg
832closem35.jpg

Holy Hell. Another Savage product! It's an SS with out the ringed pipe and chrome dog bones. You, however, get a better fuel tank and better wheels.

Damn! now, i have to make a choice! i may still go with the SS kit just because it's a kit. What's the fun in RTR? I wonder if you can pickup the new fuel tank sometime in the future.

give it a month or two and hpi will have one more bigger and better.got to love hpi they can't quit.

Looks like I have to deep six my maxx and go with the Savage

You can always GIVE me the Maxx.... :stick:

I was completely sold on the SS kit but now with the 25 comming out to add to my confusion on what to buy next I dont know what to do next.....grrr

I guess I just keep puttin those pennies away till I decide...

This bites.... I thought my Savage at Xmas time was a monster and now HPI makes 2 different ones!! Its all good tho.. I wonder how good that motor is.

Originally posted by Maxxkilla
This bites.... I thought my Savage at Xmas time was a monster and now HPI makes 2 different ones!! Its all good tho.. I wonder how good that motor is.

I'm not exactly sure but it looks like a force 25 with a different head. And it's a killer. My son's had so much commpression that I had bloddy fingers for a week trying to break it in.:ahh:

Does it wheelie?? Also would it run with a Maxx?:sneaky:

Originally posted by Maxxkilla
Does it wheelie?? Also would it run with a Maxx?:sneaky:

In the buggy he had he could not get enough traction to get a wheelie but I'm sure it would if he could have gotten some traction.:redbuggy:

so is this like "basically" a savage 21 but with the 25 engine and a roto start? or is there other stuff I'm missing. i dont know much about savages so i could be wrong.
this looks hella sweet though.

I want to know where this came from, I can't find it any where. Please post a link so we all can see it.:jade:

DAMN HPI, they need to slow down a bit, they are going to kill themselves. anywayz, that truck looks tight!!8-0 i just might have to buy one of them to go with the supermaxx.

bryan

I'm still waiting for the pro verson to come out.. i want all teh savage hopups in 1 box with no engine, pipe, wheels or tires and build it myself with all teh tricks like light weight gears, hd bones, adjustable upper arms, their heavy TVPs, engine mount, 3 shoe clutch, 49t spur, 18tcb, cf arm braces, and that kind of stuff...

screw the roto start, the 25, the fact you will have to charge a batt for the roto start prior to use.. i dislike the will be running in 15 min thing they posted.. cause its a flat out lie unless they supply a fully charged batt on the roto start.. it also sux that most SS kits will not be avaliable till tomarrow or fri.. and all the people who preordered them are now getting stuck with not the best savage there is.. cause it lacks 3 things.. the tank, the wheel hexes, and the 3 shoe clutch.. all of which should be in the SS kit.. SS is for super savage right?? how can it be a SS lackign 3 important items..

Originally posted by CRSMP5
I'm still waiting for the pro verson to come out.. i want all teh savage hopups in 1 box with no engine, pipe, wheels or tires and build it myself with all teh tricks like light weight gears, hd bones, adjustable upper arms, their heavy TVPs, engine mount, 3 shoe clutch, 49t spur, 18tcb, cf arm braces, and that kind of stuff...

screw the roto start, the 25, the fact you will have to charge a batt for the roto start prior to use.. i dislike the will be running in 15 min thing they posted.. cause its a flat out lie unless they supply a fully charged batt on the roto start.. it also sux that most SS kits will not be avaliable till tomarrow or fri.. and all the people who preordered them are now getting stuck with not the best savage there is.. cause it lacks 3 things.. the tank, the wheel hexes, and the 3 shoe clutch.. all of which should be in the SS kit.. SS is for super savage right?? how can it be a SS lackign 3 important items..

Sorry but a good charger has a 15 min fast charge on it, and you "can be running in 15 min" as long as you start charging the battery as soon as you get it out of the package. lol
:idea:

isnt going to be out till october i would go with the SS by the time u have it build the way u like it the .25 rtr will be out. just my 2 cents :jet:

Back