RC-Solutions Roll Cage "Is it worth it?"

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jStyle

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hi, i needed some opinions on this roll cage. is it worth the money? i heard that its really strong/durable and can hold up a lot of weight, but the price is kind of high. i think it was 166 for the 1inch long roll cage. its either i buy the rc-solutions roll cage or the new era tubed roll cage. :argue: help ASAP
thanks~ "i plan on doing some hardcore bashing" ^^

Some of my buds have this cage and its pretty nice, it holds up rather well. Up to you if you want to spend that much.

I had it for my MGT and it was cool as hell. Just remember that Nothing is Bend proof. Just bend resistant. Anything with enough force at the right angle will bend.

thanks for all the info, i think I'm going to buy it. ill post pics up later.

wow nice, it looks almost like the NewEra roll cage but alot cheaper. thanks i might have to go with the VG racing roll cage because of the cheaper price.

I have the RC Raven roll cage and it is holding up pretty good. Bought it on ebay for around $50 shipped.

I bought it from this guy: Savage Roll Cage

The only bad thing so far is the chinsy mounting brackets. I bent the piss out of one of them my first day out. The cage is still perfect, but the brackets are made out of thin al. I made a new bracket out of 3/32" steel. It should hold up better. The al one I could bend with my hands... in order to make the one I made, I needed 2 pairs of visegrips and a hammer.

You guys can have your other cages, but there is nothing like hitting a 8ft or higher jump WOT with NO FEAR. I'll take on any jump since I know I'm protected by the RC Solutions cage. I think it is worth the $100 I spent at the LHS. Those other cages may help in a rollover, but land a jump upside down and see how long the cage lasts. I have seen it and it ain't pretty.

The RC Solutions cage looks tough! I'm definitely asking Santa (the wife) for this one, I bend a roll bar every time I go out....

Well I will tell you one thing the RC Solutions roll cage is as strong as they say it is. I just finished Putting in my brand new RC solutions Cage about two hours ago LOL, and after I finished putting it together befour I put it on the truck I stood on it with all my weight like they said they did on there website and it held me with no proublem. It also is the best looking roll cage I have seen especially when you see it on you're truck. :)

yes i have the rc solutions cage and i love it. it looks good too. the thing i dont like about those other cages you guys showed is there pretty much just a body. if you have your body on, it does liek the same thing. thats just my opinion.
savager

theres a picture of me (340 Lbs.) standing on a cybermaxx on the rc solutions website

LOL I will have to look at that. The other nice thing about the RC Solutions roll cage is it protects the cooling head, the other roll cages dont.

oh thats so cool i can stand on it .sooooo what stand on it then jump up and when you land your rollcage will be trash thats the differance between standing on something and actual impact i have this cage and its so bent and twisted from bad backflip landings i wish id saved the money and bought something more usefull like a mattress :yes: the front end of it is very strong but the rear bends very easy and when it does it will take your bulkhead side plates with it but the choice is yours.

IMO there isn't any another choice.
It is the single most valuable bolt on you can get for any RC.
If you choose a cage that doesn't protect the cooling head then why even have one?

The head and engine are the most expensive single part on your RC. To spend money on a roll cage that doesn't protect you mill 100% is a waste of money.

IMO, there are 2 choices. Either use an RC Solutions cage, or don't use a cage at all.

here in the uk that cage cost nearly as much as a new engine anyway.
i had a body shaped style cage on my maxx that i modified to protect the engine and that thing never bent i only paid 30 pounds for it the rc solutions cage cost 100pounds thats around 180 dollars its problem is mainly its made from ally and will snap when you bend it back into shape a few times then again my savage is alot heavier than a maxx

whys that have you no imagination make your own cage to protect the motor in conjunction with the stock rollbar which is cheap, I'm in the process of making something up to protect the engine on my savage just need to fix me welder first, i just dont think a cage that cost 100pounds should bend on its first bad landing not only that it bust my bulkheads and lower arms on the rear

Problems with making your own cage are the same for making other custom parts for your car. By the time you get it right you will probably spend more money making it than just buying it from someone who has already done all the R&D.

Last edited:
all the fun is making and designing parts for your truck when i had my menace 21 i designed all the alloy arms for it man they where sweet and strong . my tmaxx had lower arms that i made out of ally and made my own throttle servo suports for it ,so far on the savvy I've only made a stainless steel brake disck it works good lower arms will be easy for the savage i think i will copy the integy design and uppers are so easy to make its unreal ill make them adjustable for camber as mine are not

i supose i should say that i work in a machine shop so all the tools and more important the expensive materials alluminum titanium stainless are all there and free if the boss aint looking

Ahh, completely different situation then, well most of us don't have the resources that you do. That is cool that you made custom parts for your cars, I know there is much more pride of ownership. For most of us though that pride is gonna cost some $$$.