My savage basher with new cage i made.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SKIP

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
So I desided to make myself a cage. My truck runs the LST shocks and is extended 1.5". Its powered by a wasp 26 w/ werks clutch.

Picture057.jpg
[/IMG]

d5ac90a1.jpg
[/IMG]

37c0f67d.jpg
[/IMG]

e08554bb.jpg
[/IMG]

COOLPIC.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
I've been following your projects on hpisavageforum and I like your buggy shocks.
My opinion on the cage is that it looks like it is very functional, but not very pleasing to the eye. I DO like the fact that it is made of nylon (right?).

Nope its not nylon.. take a pic to a plastic guy and he wouldnt even have to put his glasses on.. or just PM me and I'll tel ya..

edited

Last edited:
Sorry .. I guess if you want to call me the owner yea, I guess I am, but I dont own anything. I just have the ability to make some stuff. I like to work and build toyota trucks, thats where toys came from.

So are you in the bay area also.?

sorry skip, just checked out your web page and realized you are skipster.

cool cage though, what is it made of?

And yes I'm in the bay area. Where is your shop located? Would love to check out your Savages. Your first truck on your webpage was what inspired me to get a set of beadlocks for my own truck. All your trucks look very nice!

Last edited:
all good bud..

its made of delrin.. plain old white delrin.

SKIP said:
all good bud..

its made of delrin.. plain old white delrin.

So do you just slowley heat it to bend it?

yea with a heat gun and a bender. bender from home dept and a heat gun from harbor freight. Sleeves from metal place and the plates I just made. PLace the tube wher it should go and mout the sleeve, and then bet the delrin into the sleeve. Thats how I made that one.

Cool cool I use delrin at work for certian things.. I never thought of using it for some thing like this.. great post...

Do you plan on offering these for production? If so how much? Your cage would be the only other cage that actually protects the head like the RCS cage.

no man I am not in any place to be producing these.. I can make them but they take 4 hours or so.. Are you in the Bay Area and where at..??

Yes, I'm in the Bay Area. I live in San Jose and work in Sunnyvale. You up for a get together and bashing session?

Oh yea right on... I live in Fremont and work in Union city.

I'll be hitting up the HS tomorrow.. what one you like best around here?

SKIP said:
Oh yea right on... I live in Fremont and work in Union city.

I'll be hitting up the HS tomorrow.. what one you like best around here?
I smell love in the air LMFAO :jk:

sweetdiesel said:
Yes, I'm in the Bay Area. I live in San Jose and work in Sunnyvale. You up for a get together and bashing session?

In San Jose the two best shops are RC Unlimited and Sheldon's. They have a great selection and have most stuff in stock. The owner of RC Unlimited has just opened up a track in Morgan Hill. The grand opening is on the 8th of this month at 9 AM. I'm not a racer (yet), but I'll probably go just to check it out.

I'm up for a run pretty much anytime it's not raining so anytime you want to go just shoot me a PM. Do you know any good spots out there in Fremont?

yea I am in there once a week at least. both places.. I didnt know about the track.. they allow nitro monsters there? If so I have to get my butt in gear and try.. I havent raced since I was like 10, I'm 25 now.

I've been to the track once in it's early stages (no jumps set-up, just lots of PVC pipe layed out) a couple months ago, and yes, they def allow nitros. Supposedly, they are also building a Mini-T track too. This guy has a few acres of land to work with so I'm expecting it to be impressive.

Last edited:
Oh man do we need that her in this area... where did you say it was..? Wanna get into the racing scene around here.. I have a racer that I have been working on.