yet another round of MRC questions....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pugs2300

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
questions about MRC mods

first is the overdrive mod...it says to replace your from axle pinion with one for a mini revo...what does this do...what are the benefits...

second is the clocked collars mod....I'm not sure i even understand what its trying to tall me to do...could someone elaborate on this a little...also what are the benefits of this mod..

thanks yet again guys...

also i was wanting to get some cv axles to get a little extra steering travel...i don't want the losi ones...i haven't had any luck out of their stuff...could anyone recommend any....i was looking at the MIP ones but i can't find a place to order them....thanks

Last edited:
I'm not possitive on these mods as I didnt do them when I was into mini's BUT I will assume the overdrive is to change the gearing of one axle, leaving the rear axle to rotate slower than the front, which helps out immensely on steep climbs so the rear doesn't over power and flip you over.
Clocked collars, not sure, is that the c hubs? Then it would be so you can change the caster of the front wheels.

3racing makes shafts but I dont know how much more steering you will gain. good chance your knuckles/chubs will limit you.

http://www.tcscrawlers.com/3Racing-Swing-Shaft-For-Losi-Mini-Rock-Crawler-3RAC-MRC09-p-18033.html

thanks green...are there any knuckles i can get that will help with the steering issue...

I'm not sure whats available. Other than just upgraded alum. knuckles I dont think theres anything that will give you more throw just by purchasing. Running more caster will let the inside turning tire lay more flat and pull more but thats about it.

ok i see...so I'm gonna have to trim something lol....another question...ii see people runnin with their suspension drooped down...and shocks with no springs on them...how does all this work...do they just take off the springs and let it droop or is there more to it than that....

Smaller springs go inside the shock body between the top of the shock and the piston to keep a 'lifted' apearance without a visible spring. On the other hand, putting the spring underneath the piston inside will make it droop of apear all compressed.

My old drooped AX10, this thing was so low to the ground and had great CoG (center of gravity) it would handle the steepest things lol.
P1050523.jpg

My internal sprung Wraith, lowers the rig about 3/8"-1/2" with these springs which are great.
P1070245.jpg

Last edited:
ok i see....do they make internal springs specifically for these mrc shocks...i would like to make it droop...some anyhow...the CG defiantly need to be lower...thanks for the help guys...

The eem shocks are an upgrade and not something that can be done by modifying your existing shocks. Unfortunately you would have to spring a couple $ and buy new shocks as oppopsed to modifying what you have

ok, eem shocks...what does eem mean...also where can i get them...lol...

All they are is droop springs, not shocks from EEM. You can run them either on top or under the piston in the shock to be either internal sprung or drooped.

I wouldnt droop your MRC personally. Yes it lowers the COG but it changes the suspension and the way it handles. Sprung is superior with alittle dialing in.

What arent you liking about your suspension right now?

well green to tell you the truth I'm just kinda playin with it right now...just trying to see what i do like...this is my first crawler so its all new to me...the only complaint i have is that it seems a little top heavy from it being so tall...thats why i was kinda interested in the droop setup....i tried mounting the shocks on the inside of the body post last night and i didn't like that at all...didn't have enough travel for me like that and it made the truck feel stiff...ill be changing it back today...i took out the battery/electronics plate also last night and relocated the electronics...to the back axle plate and top arm...i really want to try the 4 link but rcbros isn't open atm and i dont know where else to get the cool mounts they have...I'm open to suggestion...like i said I'm just experimenting and trying to figure out what i do like...

Back