Hyper 21 Race 8 Port

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobH

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
The mail man dropped me off a 2.7 Horse Power Hyper .21 8 Port Racing Engine. 8-0

This is a new version of the Hyper .21 8-port with racing competition in mind.

The Hyper 8-port Race has been called the "Poor Man's RB". For you that are not familiar with the RB Concepts WS7. The "RB" is the premium engine of choice for the 1/8th scale racing scene. If you have $400 to drop on an engine, go grab the RB. For the rest of us, the Hyper 21 8-Port Race can be picked for only $165.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=34062&item=3129479104

It is designed with thorough bred buggy competitions in mind as it has features that are only available from RB C4/C5, and Novarossi RX21 series of racing motors.

Well, I'm impressed so far. I'm going to drop this bad boy in my 1/8 buggy. I'll be sure to tell you how much faster it goes than the stock .21BB.

-rob

Man Rob, you have come a long way in a short time from your Duratrax :hehe: to your 1:8 buggy and bad ass engine :jet:

Congrats on that engine it should make you HB FLY!!! I want to get one because the are so inexpensive and such good quality.:cheers:

The seller in that auction will sell you one anytime you want. Drop him and email and 165+ shipping and you have your engine 2-3 days later. I delt with guy and so did another fellow RCNT member. He's good people to buy from. He's also based in Cali like you humboldt.

Sounds good, Hey, What makes the Racing 8-Port diffrent from the Regular 8-Port. I hear the regular one is already Raceable.
[move]-Kellen[/move]

I think it has some modifications to the sleeve and crankshaft. I know the crackshaft has a "turbocut". I think the ports are shaped a little different from the straight 8-port too. I have to speculate a little because it is hard to find documentation on it.