Vengeance Truggy Kit For Savage

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redbullrider111

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
i was wondering if it was worth it to purchase the vengeance truggy kit from www.poorboyrc.com its a bit pricey and i would still have to buy stuff to complete the truggy conversion. i really want to try something because at my track everyone is running truggies in the MT class and my savage has no chance at winning. I'm trying to either trade my savage for a truggy or I'm thinking about making the truggy chassis myself and doing the conversion myself. if anybody has any info on this kit please let me know.
if its not worth it could you all please help me find a truggy or truggy kit that is both affordable and durable.

If you notice, the $175 only gets you the steering brace and chassis plate. You will still need the following:
Center diff/spur gear
Center diff mount/brake assembly
Center axles
Receiver box
Fuel tank
Engine mount
Servo mounts

That's probably at least another $75-$100 worth of stuff...

Regardless what they say, I don't like the thought of a chassis that long without some sort of bracing. Besides, the braces that go from the rear diff to the chass and front diff to the chassis aren't only to support the chassis from flex, but to give the bulkheads support as well. Without some sort of bracing in there, savage bulks won't stand a chance unless you replace them with aluminum. And you would probably also want to replace the diff cases with aluminum too. Which in turn, is more $.

I don't have it, but I just figured I'd post my thoughts on it...

i understand completely what you are saying.. i probably wouldnt buy the kit that they have i would make my own chassis and my own steering brace. i also have a bunch of the other required stuff due to a previous project truck. i would alos make the chassis braces. but who knows i really trying to just get a truggy and take all the worries of incorrect machining away. and then i will have my savage for bashing and a truggy for racing... looking to get an LSP

Back