So I raced the truggy yesterday...........

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

psunitro

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
:hammer: plastic spur gear :hammer:
LOL,don't like stripped spur gears!! At least it happened after racing,looks like I will have to keep a couple as spares.Not sure why it happened,maybe the mill shifted a little messing up the mesh?

It was a good day of racing,the truggy is now above my level of driving, so that (not hard) is a good thing.Chris drove it after racing and would have taken 3rd at least with it in the main. I was doing OK in the main, but a turnbuckle broke at 4min of the 5min main. I had(unrealistic) hopes of doing well in the main with coming in 3rd in the last qualifier. By far the best I have done. For all of you who dont know I can't drive, i'm still just learning, and for me it seems to be a SLOW process!!!!

Steering is better with a fully charged rx pack. Chris like the steering better than his Hyper truggy right now, PBS is the way to go, he is changing his over. Think I will be changing the diff oils, I am using the SUT set up 10,30,5 may go 7,10,5. we will see.Not sure if I will be racing this weekend,have to get a spur,and fuel. I will have my 2 girls myself this Sat. maybe we will check out the track closer to me and take this weekend off......MAYBE.

not bad jeff, maybe i'll be up sometime soon w/the new truck. rebuildin old truck to get ready for sale.

hope u get it runnin such that makin the heats in full w/ease come naturally. u need that thing to run like clockwork all the time so u can work on ur driving and not get interupted by a failure/mishap. slower is faster!

keep at it

-ult

LOL, no slower is slower! Smoother is faster. Yeah its just working out the bugs,all in the learning curve.

This is my Ofna Truggy.

actually jeffs truggy is fairly solid. its his driving that isnt :jk: the only thing i would like to see changed on it, is lighter diff oils for more responsive handling and maybe heavier shock oils so it settles faster after the jumps. otherwise its pretty durable and competitive. oh, and jeff, maybe some heavier chassis bracing, perhaps the chassis flexed and wasted that spur, because it didnt look like the motor moved.

I have to change from the Sut wts also. They are too heavy in my MSR.

Back