HPI-Killers AE MGT 4.6 & LRP .32 MGT Thread

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is the Green and black body bro? I like it!

That would be the JConcepts Punisher body, not sure for what rig but wasn't the MGT for sure. I looks great and low pro, but can't run the roll bar, the cooling head sticks out past the roof and its a tad too short in the rear and looks fugly at certain angles.

Well good news, mill #1 thats now in #2 took quite a bit to turn over but she is breathing but with a small leak between the block and c-head so I will adress that and get her out in the morning for fine tuning.

epe4a6ed.jpg
y9ebeqa5.jpg

Experimental scale rear exhaust, hope it works!!
qumuvape.jpg
epetyvy4.jpg

Cleaned my exhaust setup and spent over an hour wet sanding the mani,pipe and stinger using 600, 1000 & 1500 grit sandpaper, can't really tell but she is SHININ now!!
4e3u9uja.jpg

And my hands are not.....

Last edited:
Well I did it, I really did it!! I just clicked 'order' on TowerHobbies for the LRP .32 Spec 2 nitro engine to drop into #2!! I'm Excited,happy,nervous,worried and wondering if I will be able to handle this monster without totaling my truck... I am also very worried that my luck with nitro and the constant mill carnage I am causing if I can NOT fry this engine..... 50,000 emotions runnin through my head and nothing will prepare me for this...
ehe5ubu6.jpg

I'm always gentle on a fresh mill or pinch until tank 9-10, then its full blown mayhem!!!

-----

Is anyone thinking that I shouldnt run my 30% in it, I could get 20% and not bat an eye about it.

Well another Saturday night at the wrench bench operating on #2, prepping her up absolutly 100% front to rear for the extreme power shift from .28 to a .32!!

On tonights menu is tranny and F/R diffs, full service cleaning and oil/grease re-coat. Just got the tranny from #1 with the FOC, worked my magic to drop into #2. I dont want the risk of accidental reversing while I am roaring the new mill, and I also want to rid of the excess weight of the shift servo and internal gears. Working #2s old tranny to drop back into #1 so I can start on that rebuild after #2 mission accomplished..

Pics tomorrow, from my nice cam

Alrighty gettin closer to completion. Got the both trannies pulled, cleaned, greased, assembled and installed. Had a concern about my diffs, mainly about oil. Would 10,000cst diff oil be no good in both front and rear diffs? I have 10k & 20k diff oil to choose from and already have 10k in the rear. I want to avoid my new mill overworking itself and fry on me...

Anybody speak english here orrrrr...? Lol, uploading pics now and will be up soon

Ohh the LRP Z28, you're going to love that mill. Has just a little bit of power. :D

@ WoodiE, its the .32, you made me double check my order to make sure it wasn't the .28... Lol

Is anyone thinking that I shouldnt run my 30% in it, I could get 20% and not bat an eye about it.

You shouldn't have a problem, just make sure you use the recommended head shims for 30% nitro. Can't wait to see this one run!

You shouldn't have a problem, just make sure you use the recommended head shims for 30% nitro. Can't wait to see this one run!

Alright cool, havent the slightest clue about shimming, hope the mill includes shims and instructions on howto..

The engine will come with instructions on what shims to use for different nitro percentage but you might need to buy the shims, not sure how the .32 comes set up.

So do I need to buy shims for my .28 thatll be going back into #1? That could be why I have broke 2 con rods on my rigs within 2 weeks....