Sealing my carb

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rack74

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
ok so I took out my truck today with the new Dynamite mach2 .19 in it.. Just to break it in... I think I am having a carb sealing issue bc I had to lean it way out to just to get it to move and when it did move it barely wanted to move... I would have to have it at full throttle to get it to roll... So I was wanting to know what to use to seal the carb up.... I was thinking of getting some gasket cork and make a gasket or looking for a rubber seal at the auto parts store... I would appreciate any and all help thanks

An air leak would cause the opposite, ie a lean issue, factory settings are going to be too rich for a proper heat cycle breakin,..and in the event of an air leak one woul want to use the copper type rtv

You say you're giving it full throttle just to get it to move? Does that mean it's revving really high? At full throttle it would stall if there was a carb issue, and if it's revving high at full throttle it's a clutch or slipper issue, for starters.

ok cool thanks guys... I have another truck I got to get done before I can work on my truck ... I will take it out and run it and take a video of it and post it... when it started doing this I was thinking it was a clutch issue also I put in one of those 3 shoe clutches and flywheel.. I am thinking I will take the engine out and start over..

I had several questions in the previous post. If you give us those answers we can help you figure out the problem.

Back