lrp .28 in slayer pro

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redd33013

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I was wondering if anyone has done this or got some info on it thanks

I don't see why it would be any different than using the 5360x kit to install any big block in any other TRX model.

No personal experience with the Slayer, though. No one has brought me one of those to upgrade yet, I don't own any TRX products myself, and I mill my own mounts.

there are a few guys over on the traxxas forum that have done the swap but from what I've read it tends to make them too uncontrollable but that's the fun part right
also I would go for a new era mount or one of racer 1966 clone mounts the trx ones require mods for pull start and stuff

Racer 1966 is in this forum

Sure is
If you are gonna put a true bb you will need a bb exhaust and some throttle control lol

My slayerpro has monster power

IMGA0195.jpg

IMGA0198.jpg

What did u have to do for that to work ?
An how do i get that pipe.
I've seen the video on YouTube its mean

I used New Era Mount for picco .28
Go online to extremercmods .com (ERCM) to order pipe...

Couldn't find new era mount looked everywhere,got the traxxas one instead ,trying to get in touch with Robin at ercm today about pipe but no response, I was wondering about the ths 146b

The Traxxas mounts require modifications if you plan to use a pull-start. The NE style requires more modification for throttle linkage. I made some clones of the NE mounts. The last one I have is on eBay right now. I want to make more but at this time I can't and I'm not sure when I will be able to.

What mods are there to use pull start

That looks like a nice slayer. I had one of those I built. Mine was the picco 26 max though then I used the revo axle's, a arms links and widen it out was pretty nice wish I still had it.

Here's what I'm putting in the slayer
lrp z28 r spec 3
ths 146b pipe
Werks pro clutch 34 mm light flywheel 4 shoe
hpi clutch bell 18 tooth
Traxxas mount
Pro-line badlands
Pro-line 72'chevy long bed to top it off
if anyone see something wrong let me know
Will post pics when finish

Has anyone heard of New Era Revo Big Block Conversion Kit .21-.32 engines V3?

Finished

Last edited:
There in the gallery under lrp slayer,couldn't get them too post here