Palm Zire 31, can play video, any chance of .WMV?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redhatman

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I got a Palm Zire 31 recently, and It is able to do Pictures and Audio by specifications. However, there is movie playing software.

I got the software, but the only format that will play is .avi I would convert to avi, but file sizes get HUGE.

Most of my videos are in .wmv format. Do you guys know of any players to use to play this, or any way I could play it on my palm? Thanks
-Pat

I'm sure there's programs out there. I don't know of anything specifc because I'm more of a windows/pocket pc/windows mobile guy....palm OS SUCKS!!

I think there's a version of tcpmp for palm os. it's by far the best video player for windows mobile, so I assume it kicks ass for palm as well. I *think* that there's a plugin to play wmv...

well, I've got like all of my videos to work, but I have to convert them to MPEG first. Then they play in TCPMP.

you could also download pocket divx encoder, or I could send it to you. That'll encode them in a .avi format TCPMP can read, and they are specifically meant for pda's, so the files aren't large at all...unless you're converting a file under 5 MB...

cvec7 said:
you could also download pocket divx encoder, or I could send it to you. That'll encode them in a .avi format TCPMP can read, and they are specifically meant for pda's, so the files aren't large at all...unless you're converting a file under 5 MB...

what are especially meant for pdas?

the .avi's that pocket divx encoder encodes. It's encodes them in a specific resolution and bit rate that the pda can handle.

Back