Rant

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

savage24x

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I sold my Jato on ebay. User is new. 3 feedback including me once he payed the buy it now price. Shipped it out next day, right after I did one more test to make sure it ran. Flawless. Great, let's send it out! Guy gets it, leaves negative feedback since he can't start it. I messaged him and commented on the feedback. He said, a week later, that it doesn't get fuel. He said he took it to the hobby shop. I did not respond. 5 minutes ago, he said the one way bearing was bad, as well as the transmission was pulled from the car and it cost him $120. What the...?! My first negative feedback. I am incredibly beyond pissed at this guy. I've been into nitro long enough to basically know what I'm doing. UGH

-sav

Man I feel your pain. I sold a brand new built HPI Savage SS kit truck I put together but never even put fuel in or fired up. All the guy had to do was add fuel and break it in. Dude left me bad feedback said the engine was shot would not run. Ended up he didn't know you had to have a glow wand for the glow plug to start it. But even after he figured it out I was stuck with his negative feedback. Sometimes ebay just plain sucks! If your a seller.

Oh, he just opened a case for a full refund. Great. I already spent that money. What a ********************************************************************************************************

I've bought RCs from Craig's list because you know exactly what you're getting. No surprises for either the buyer or the seller.
I would NEVER sell an RC on eBay for anything other than parts because you never know what the idiot will do when he gets it. Bad fuel? bad batteries? Flooding due to weak ignitor or just plain twisting the HSN to see what it is?
Whatever, YOU get the blame for their stupidity and you can never convince eBay otherwise.

AS IS NO WARRANTY NO REFUND is the first thing your description should say!

+1 on that.

I use that statement on anything RC related I sell on feebay.

I said what you see is what you get, but I did say it starts right up.

I asked for pictures of the broken car other than the shock tower. Then I will make a claim with usps.

Umm..... did I miss something? Where did USPS come in as the culprit?

He claims the transmission was broken as well as more than that which he has not mentioned. In the pictures I originally posted on the listing, all of that was in great condition. So the only culprit, theoretically (ebay will agree that it wasn't him, even though it was), would be USPS.

AS IS NO WARRANTY NO REFUND is the first thing your description should say!

I sold a lens from my DSLR that wasn't working correctly. I put that in the description, along with the problems that the lens had. When the buyer received the lens, he opened a case with eBay saying the lens didn't work even though in the description I listed the problems. eBay sided with the buyer, they billed paypal for the full refund of the listing PLUS return shipping!

I try not to sell anything on eBay anymore!

I sold a lens from my DSLR that wasn't working correctly. I put that in the description, along with the problems that the lens had. When the buyer received the lens, he opened a case with eBay saying the lens didn't work even though in the description I listed the problems. eBay sided with the buyer, they billed paypal for the full refund of the listing PLUS return shipping!

I try not to sell anything on eBay anymore!

Yeah. He still hasn't responded to my message so we'll see what happens. I hate this crap.

You need to get the post office to open a mail fraud against this jerk off.
He took it, he broke it, & now he wants his money back after he broke it claiming it showed up that way, you sent him working truck, that's fraud.
What your gonna get back is not what you sent him.

It's not your fault he's stupid, he needs a sympathetic pat on the head with a sledge hammer. :dumb::hammer:

Welcome to the ebay club. You sell, i destroy, you refund me... And ebay and paypal will stand behind the buyer.. I take a video or a picture right before i ship, and send it to the buyer, that way i have proof that my end is covered.

You need to get the post office to open a mail fraud against this jerk off.
He took it, he broke it, & now he wants his money back after he broke it claiming it showed up that way, you sent him working truck, that's fraud.
What your gonna get back is not what you sent him.

It's not your fault he's stupid, he needs a sympathetic pat on the head with a sledge hammer. :dumb::hammer:

Woah wait what? TO GOOGLE!

---------- Post added at 8:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 8:47 AM ----------

Welcome to the ebay club. You sell, i destroy, you refund me... And ebay and paypal will stand behind the buyer.. I take a video or a picture right before i ship, and send it to the buyer, that way i have proof that my end is covered.

Grrrrrr 100% true.

I read somewhere(but can't remember where) that what he's doing is considered mail fraud.
Ask your local postmaster, the worst he can say is no and send you on your way.

No matter what I hope Karma or Murphy bites him the ass for what he's doing.

Back