Almost lost my brother

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abadk9420

Broke Down Driver
In Memoriam
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Yesterday morning my brother came very close to meeting our maker, his pace maker went off 5 times because his heart went into ventricular fibrillation causing his heart to stop beating but instead it was more like it was just fluttering, the only thing that saved him was the fact that he has a electric heart pump already on his heart. After putting him under and shocking his heart 3 times , and several types of medications in the hospital they were finally able to get a regular heart beat again which was a big relief until this morning when we got the word that his liver and kidneys took a big hit when he wasn't getting proper blood flow, he has to have some things done to his heart now and have dialysis and is far from out of the woods so your prayers for my brother would be greatly appreciated.

Prayers man I hope your brother gets well soon. I have some heart issues myself so I know how scary it can be at times.

Praying for a fast recovery, keep us updated!

Too scary. Wish him and you the best Curtis!

Thanks everyone, last update I got was that his thyroid is also causing a lot of issues so they have to get that under control first, He is only 40 years old and needs more then anything is a new heart and is on the transplant list.

Hope his health improves & he get's the transplant he needs.

Thoughts and prayers sent my friend!

@abadk9420 my thoughts will certainly be with you and your brother.

Last edited:
Thank you all again, I went to see him today, he is still in the cardiac ICU, it's really hard to see my little brother laying in a hospital bed in a lot of pain and they can't give to much pain meds because it effects his breathing he has all kinds of wires, tubing and IV lines going in him, he is still far from getting out of the hospital and still having issues with his thyroid, kidneys and liver do to the lack of blood flow and oxygen when his heart was not beating. That's the latest I'm off to say a prayer for him and try to get some sleep. Good night all and again thank you for the well wishes and prayers.:\

Update!!!

My brother has made major improvements the last couple of days, He was moved out of the cardiac ICU to a regular cardiac floor room today, he is up walking a little and talking coherently. They are still monitoring his thyroid, liver and kidney functions to make sure they are going to be OK. The doctor said that he had a heart attack, I'd say he is doing really well considering circumstances. Thank you all again for your thoughts and prayers I know they helped. :)

That's great news man, glad to hear it!

So good to hear that. Let him know that he had a lot of prayers going for him from RCNT.
I wish him a speedy and full recovery.

I let him know and he says thank you very much, I just talked to him on the phone and he might get to go home tomorrow. His kidneys and liver are also looking better and they are getting his thyroid under control. Thank you all very much for being there for my brother and my family, it really means a lot to me.

Curtis that's great news, glad to hear he's on the road to going home very soon!

:pepper::dancingpoop:He is coming home from the hospital today:w00t::banana-mario: