Roy's Hobby Shop in Hurst, TX

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitro Nerd

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
For anyone local...they have been bought out (I guess Roy retired). Good riddance. He is a grump old man and his grumpy old employees look down on newbies coming in for help with their Traxxas. It has not been the same since Jason (who is the dude that taught me ALL about rc left that place).

They new owner apparently owns a hobby shop in Plano (where I work) but not sure which one). The good news is he is more of a 'car guy' then 'plane guy'. The bad news is he knows which side is bread it buttered so will be mainly Traxxas. I've spent a lot of time in that hobby shop, and I would laugh when someone would come get Jason as we were talklng Mugen/TLR, etc. and say he has a phone call because someone wants to know how to make their E-Maxx go faster. Ha ha! But he always treated everyone with respect, no matter how beaten down he was.

The new car guy (Seth) is a nice guy. He knows very little though--and doubt until they become 'intensive they won't get many knowledgeable 'car guys'--but i like Seth.

He told me they are going to start 'parking lot races'. They have the lank to build a small outdoor track. I've always been ambiguous toward Traxxas, they are good for the hobby, but they don't race. More racing means more nitro heads. More nitro heads the better for us all. I'm going to talk with the new owner about a track. I think it would BOOM.

Back