eBay hacked, change your password NOW!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
If you have an ebay account then you need to change your account password as ebay confirms they have been hacked... do it now!

eBay confirms attackers made off with names, addresses, email addresses, phone numbers, birth dates, and encrypted passwords. eBay explained that financial info like credit card numbers and other sensitive data (like PayPal accounts) are kept in a separate encrypted database which wasn't compromised.

To change your eBay password, log into your account, then click your name in the upper left corner. Select Account Settings (or click here to go to it directly.) Click "Personal Information" on the left side of the page, and "edit" next to your password.

News article: http://www.businessinsider.com/ebay-paypal-password-changes-2014-5

I spent most of the morning off and on trying to figure out how to log off so I could select "forgot password" lol. Finally figured it out.

Done glad I never updated my address from my original one if they go to it it is nothing but a big empty field now

Done... thanks for the heads up.

I changed mine from "password" to "abc123". lol

J/k thanks Woodie.

Back