Intense storm cloud photo

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rolex

Hoof Hearted
In Memoriam
Supporter
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Flying
I've never seen anything like this before. Over Wyoming a few hours ago.

Bn9mLLECQAACueg.jpg

I'm guessing so, maybe touched up to make it cleaner but I bet its real. Go google storm clouds, tornado pics or lightning pics and you will see some INSANE stuff like that. So glad I dont live in a place where stuff like that is normal. Great pic.

Holy mackinaw, I've seen some good storms but not like that basehunters site!

In the link I posted you can watch a time lapse video of it forming then dissipating. Freaky. I would have been LONG gone.
Here it is:

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely amazing to watch but I would have long crapped my pants. Looks like a tornado the size of a football field coming down.

I used to be a storm SPOTTER when I lived in Kansas and saw my share of wall clouds like that. I think they still have a training tape of me calling in during such an event that you can hear the golf-ball sized hail sounding like hammers on my car.

(A spotter is a volunteer that sits in a predetermined site and calls in sitings to the NWS. They don't go out and drive after storms.)

Holy heart failure batman thats incredible!! Such a relief that the beginning of the apocalypse is just so so SOO far from me in UTAH! Good god!...

I'm still wondering why people live in tornado alley, Is land inexpensive there?

Does it have gold deposits?

I just gotta know, cause I don't think I could build a house in the same spot....again, and again.

That monster had a premature dissapation, it just couldn't make it to the ground.
You'll never see me standing under an almost tornado like that!
Very spetacular footage though.

Actually, Rolex, I was bugging out. They wanted us to stay safe. I missed the tornado that came through that area by 5 minutes. It was a good thing I decided to leave.

I had my car totalled in 2003 when I got caught in the hail preceding a tornado. jagged hail larger than golf balls, so loud it hurt my ears. ALL traffic pulled off the road because you couldn't see 20 feet in front of you.
THOUSANDS of cars destroyed in the area including all the new car dealers.
The tornado never touched down.
Again, in 2012, hail the size of baseballs. Again, thousands of cars, including mine, beaten half way to death. Again, the tornado never touched down, but had anyone been hit by one of those ice balls it would have been over. That was the day there were over 100 tornadoes that swept through the southeastern states.
I was on the 6th (top) floor, and the intense pounding on the roof made it impossible to hear or be heard. It was like laying on the tracks while a freight train passed over you doing 60 MPH. A VERY helpless and frightening feeling that lasted about 15 minutes while we huddled in a closet with a panicked dog.

Hail kind of like this? These Honkers could kill ya if they smacked you in the melon:whhooo:.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's amazing... Would have loved to see that in person

Back