Head Smacker

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitro4910

Nitro Junkie!
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Rant

I have been looking for a set of Tekno carriers for the revo, I found a site that still lists them but has no on-line ordering for that page(says "call to order").
No biggy so I called them up & asked if they still had them.
The first thing the guy on the phone asks is is if I'm local(CA), I say no(FL), he then says that even if they have them,
they do not ship parts--only full kits--but I could still buy from them if I know someone local who can then ship the parts to me.

WHAT is the point of having a store web site listing parts if you refuse to ship parts!
Nowhere on the site does it say, we don't ship no stinkin parts, don't bother calling us if not local.

Now for the dumbest part, the rest of the site actually has a parts ordering, add to cart & shipping, except apparently anything from pages that say call to order(no shipping for you!):angry::angry:

After thinking about it, I think he just didn't want to bothered with a phone in order, so he made up the "we don't ship parts".
It's still total crap, & he needs to find a new line of work.

That's so stupid. I won't order from whoever they are.

Who was it? We like to avoid places like that.

Yea we want to avoid that place......or call it every other day asking if we can order parts from the page that says call to order :D

Wow, sounds like a bunch of yeehaw shinanigans. Shinanigans is for the car dealerships, not a toy part ordering website....

And I meant 'Expensive Toy', not some run of the mill Toys-R-Us toy...

I had this same crap happen when i called a hobby shop in B.C. Guy said the online store was for locals only and he won't ship anything out of province.

Also when calling a Red Deer A.B hobby shop, the guys shop was having webpage difficulties, so I called only to find out he does'nt do paypal unless it's a personal sale, and a credit card was out of the question, I guess awhile back someone disputed a credit card purchase almost a year after the sale.....the purchase was refunded and they never got thier product back.

Only thing he recomended was to have my order purchased and pick up by a relative!?!

Somebody needs to hit these guys who say their websites are for locals up the side of their head with a clue-by-four...

It was Mikes Hobby in Lake Elsinore CA.

It just P*ssed me off since it says at the top of the page "call to order".
And on the home page it say's,
Online ordering and shipping available:
Call to have items added for online purchases

http://mikeshobby.net/

But when I called I got we don't ship parts, only full kits.

And he seems like He's the last place I found on line that still lists the Tekno carriers which I need for my 2 BB Supermaxx builds.

I can mod the traxxas carriers but would much rather have the Tekno ones.

If they don't have anymore of them, then he should of just said so, I'd of thanked him for his time and searched on for what I need.

Back