Proline 40series BIG JOES on a 1/8 scale buggy?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

studcow00

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
What is the easiest buggy, or easiest way to fit those big old 40 series wheels i have sitting in my closet... i havent yet obtained a buggy, so an wasier to mod buggy might change my mind... but i want a buggy i can throw MT tires on when i go to a field full of potholes, buggys when i get to the track, and on road for infront of my house... as you can tell, i want a versitle buggy...

so... can it be done... big joes are HUGE, and so will be my buggy, if i can :smoke:

no, you will burn up clutches if you dont change gearing for those tires. there is no easy, reliable way to switch back and forth like that.

Buy a buggy that has a truggy kit available, like an MBX5. When you want big tires put the truggy kit on, and when you go racing convert it to a buggy.

If you only plan to bash, get a buggy with a cheap truggy conversion kit... If you get an mbx-5 and a truggy conversion, that will be up to about $800+ already w/o engine or anything lol. Dont do that if you are bashing. I suggest getting like a mp 7.5 kit, and get the conversion. they are good buggies and the conversion is cheap. then get a bashing engine, and cheap radio equip. then you'll be set.

Yea, I just was just using the MBX5 as an example, if your bashing don't go that route.

If your going to convert just go with a pre assembled truggy. It will save you big $$ and frustration in the end. I have the Hotbodies LSP truggy and its just awsome. If I did not have a place to race with it I would'nt hesitate to bash it. Its as strong as a buggy and it handles like a buggy, yet its a truck. If it rides too low for you just put more spacers in your springs and raise the ride hight. Fast and nimble can't beat that for under 500!

awww fudge... i got all xcited about the hotbodies truggy, but i still want an 8 scale buggy because i already have 2 trucks... and the only rc's i had before my 2 current was a tmaxx and rc10GT (with bashing wheels on the gt)... I'm a thrasher through and through, i jump 30 feet high all day if i can... I'm the kind of guy who will put slicks on my buggy and put it on a halfpipe.... i just want to have the opton of fitting bigger wheels if i feel inclined... same goes with onroad wheels :(

Back