High Idle and cuts out when I brake

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glass Bullet

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Yup, me again :\

So i'm in the middle of the brake in process, and I tried to fiddle with the idle and LSN to calm down the engine at idle, but I think I made it worse. It idles high and if I brake even a little the engine cuts out. Also, a fair amount of liquid fuel squirts out of the exaust.:(

What should I do!?!?

--and--

to lower the idle, do I turn the screw clockwise or counterclockwise?:(

Type of rig? Engine? Sounds to me that you have the LSN set a tad too rich and that your idle screw is in too far. Once we know what rig and engine your running, we'll be better able to help you.

ooops

forgot about that. It's an Exceed Forza Buggy RTR with a .18. I'm not really sure what specific type of engine it has.

Genrally speaking you would turn the idle needle clock wise or to the right to increase your idle and just the oppisite to lower your idle speed, as for your lsn you turn it clock wise or to the right to lean it out or counter clock wise or to the left to to richen up your lsn...

First things first. As you are in break-in, and you think you might have messed the needle settings, consult the manual and reset the HSN and LSN to factory specs. Then, check your idle stop screw. When you hit your brakes, the barrel of the carb should remain around 1mm open. If it's closing all the way when you hit the brakes, your engine will stall.

And remember that for the future. If you ever get to a point while tuning where you just have no idea what's going on, always reset to factory specs and retune.

Back