Alexander_0_1s Baja 5sc

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alexander_0_1

"Roads, where we're going we don't need roads"
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I found this thing on kijiji Edmonton, the add said priced for a fast sale. So I thought why not.

At some point I'll do some thing to see if the drivetrain can be strengthened in anyway, but for now I just like to look at it.

The guy I bought from must not have used it that much. Theres not a scratch on it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:
Oh, ya this ones for my pops if the seller will ever answer his damn phone. If not I found a replacement.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 206
So, is 2 stroke gas mix the same stuff all around? Or should I be looking for a specific product?

I haven't downloaded my manual yet, and the seller didn't provide one.

I use a good quality synthetic in my 5b.

Thanks, hamz9561. I'll have to grab some tomorrow.
I couldn't stand just looking at it anymore so I took it out for a test run, now it might be the damp grass but these things get damn squirrelly after they get good and warmed up. 50mins+ run time is fricken sweet, if they didn't take up so much space I might want a few more, deffinitely a LOSI 1/5 scale of sorts is going to end up in my collection.

Ok, so I've run this thing about 3 times now, for no more than 20-30mins tops, I'd like to know if this is common, or should I be looking into some rebuild parts?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 218
Are you referring to the upside down shock that has been blown out?....main cause of a new shock leak is an overfilled shock, 2nd is an improperly assembled one

Gotcha! I'll clean it up, and rebuild it with the same parts, since I didn't anticipate a blow-out....as long as it holds till the rebuild parts get here.

I don't know if the previous owner built it as a kit, I had thought it was the 2012 RTR version, but heck was it ever clean......before I got my hands on it anyway.

Also get the suspension limiting cables

Thanks guys. I look into both of those.

I've had some time to look at some drive-line upgrades, and have come across a 3 speed transmission, has anyone used some thing like this? or has anyone seen another produt similar?
This just happen to be the on the link posted above.

http://abbotsrc.co.uk/GTB-Racing-3-Speed-Transmission-P2853753.aspx

Also I'd like to hear what all you 1:5 owners are using to carry your rigs in, I'm asking cause I hope to find a chest w/handles, and wheels that I can use to get my gear from point A to point B.

I've decided to do some a-arm extending on the rig also, with the newer kraken-rc roll-cage, thats suppose to be out this year.

http://shop.krakenrc.com/product-p/krc50000.htm
http://shop.krakenrc.com/product-p/krc-sx5.htm

Last edited:
I can answer some of your questions. I run techni plate full synthetic at 25:1 mixture with an ounce of ethanol treatment. I'm on my 6th gallon now and everything on the engine is original minus the spark plug. I use a wagon to transport my baja to my local park and I use a tool tote for the gear I need. I would really open up the rear diff and transmission and service it. The manual calls for service every 10 tanks and who knows when it was last serviced. I would also look at the clutch as well. Also invest in an outerwears filter cover or a tgn outer air filter. Also an outerwears pull start cover is woth it's weight in gold. It keeps the debris and the stones out of your flywheel along with keeping your motor clean.

Thanks srusinek, I'll make a break for some outer-wears today, and I'll be looking at that diff straight away.much appreciated bro.

All I got from my local parts shop was a puzzled look when I asked for fully synthetic 2 stroke mix, so I just grabbed what they had on sight (Castrol super 2 stroke mix) and 5 litres of premium from shell Canada...oh yea, V-Power baby!

Ok, so despite all my procrastinating, I ended up going through the DDM website. Yes, I ended up at engines...as always, so here's my questions: when people write 4 bolt in the description is that referring to how many bolt hold the head on, or are they referring to how many bolts are securing the crankshaft?

When I read 4 bolt, I instantly thought 4 bolt main......so how off am I?

This is the one I'm looking at: http://www.davesmotors.com/Zenoah-G320RC-Engine-Complete.html

Last edited:
4 bolt main is for regular car engines which are common on V8's. 4 bolts in the rc world mean the head is fastened with 4 bolts instead of 2. Most people will say the 4 bolt heads are less prone to head gaskets problems but I've never had a problem with my 2 bolt. I'm due for a new top end at the end of the year and at that point I'll have 7 gallons with 35 hours on it.

Well, I sold my 5sc:cry:,.....but I now have a 5ive-T kit on its way to me:cool:. It's probably going to take me a while to get it to a running machine, since I wasn't hoarding parts for anything like this...it just sorta happened:thumbs-down:.