exceed barca

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirtdrifter

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Dose anyone know what kind of fuel the exceed barca 30cc 1/5. Scale buggy takes it says gas but is that just straight gas or is it a gas oil mix the site didnt say plz help:\

Does anything you've read say 2 stroke?...if "yes" then you will also need 2 stroke/cycle gas mix!.....pay attention to the amount of octane the engine requires for optimal combustion

If its a 4 stroke then just "gas" it'll more than likely have an oil sump that you'll eventually have to add oil to.

Honesty bro just take a peek at the RCNT for sale/trade forum.....there's a sweet alloy savage that needs adoption

Last edited:
It didnt say if it was two or 4 stroke thats why I was asking I read the whole web page it didnt say

Does it say what make the engine is....do a google search on that if the webpage states what's powering the rig

Exceed is one of the junk brands to Not waste your money on.

It is a 2 stroke, petrol/gas~oil mix engine on it.
Look at pics #11&12 under the specifications.

Before you buy, Google search for independent reviews that do not come from NitroRCX.

Last edited:
It uses a mixture of Gas... 91 to 93 octane and 2 stroke oil at a mixture of 25 to 1 ..... 25 oz gas to 1 oz oil

oil at a mixture of 25 to 1 ..... 25 oz gas to 1 oz oil

Good lord!

That ought to accomplish two things:

1) rapid fouling of spark plugs and

2) eliminating mosquitoes.

Good lord!

That ought to accomplish two things:

1) rapid fouling of spark plugs and

2) eliminating mosquitoes.

A 25:1 ratio is recommended in the manual with most 1/5 RC's, including the HPI Baja. You may choose to lean your mixture further if you wish, no different than a nitro rig. But keep in mind that with pre-mix, you are taking lubrication away from the engine and leaving less room for error when tuning.

It's no worse than a weed-eater or a chainsaw especially since the 1/5 scale vehicles are a bit farther away from you.

I've Been running my equipment @50 parts gas for as long as I can remember, if I ran @25 in my boat motor i would be cleaning plugs out on the river, lol

Last edited:
And I know guys that run 100:1 in bikes. But, it all comes down to what oil you're running, how the motor is setup / tuned, and you're tuning abilities. I just think it's important to mention for guys new to 1/5 scale that it does lessen the amount of oil in the mix, thereby leaving a narrower window when tuning before it becomes too lean.

To the OP, I am not one to recommend exceed, they have had it bad for their rigs being so cheaply made and hard to get replacement or upgrade parts. BUT I will say that is NOT always going to be the case, they along with many other cheaper brands have really started stepping up their selection and the more they sold the more they were able to invest in rigs and make parts available.
Just google parts for the rig you want, dont just see if they have suspension arm replacements but everything, differential gears, bearings, and so on. If they do and the price is significantly lower than a better known more established brand, I wouldnt hesitate too much.

I'm not even going to go down the road of disrespect as you all did here.... go to www.nitrorcx.com and watch the darn video about breaking the exceed gas buggy in! I'm giving him the correct info that the manufacturer recommends, if you want to break yours in on the lean side go ahead but before you run your mouth and be disrespectful why not gather the info first...your not as smart as you might think!

Last edited by a moderator:
As stated above, if you would have read reviews of exceed vehicles somewhere OTHER than nitro rcx you would have figured out you would be better off saving your money and putting it towards something like an hpi 1/5 scale. As with anything, you get what you pay for. I don't see that anyone here was being disrespectful; instead just informing you that exceed isn't exactly known for high quality rigs and that may be why you're having such problems.

I am a 1/5 scale owner and I have to agree with SNG and Non Crimen. Nobody has been disrespectful to you. We have been trying to help with your questions and offer advice based on experience.

NEW EXCEED BARGA isn't JUNK

Exceed is one of the junk brands to Not waste your money on.

It is a 2 stroke, petrol/gas~oil mix engine on it.
Look at pics #11&12 under the specifications.

Before you buy, Google search for independent reviews that do not come from NitroRCX.

I'm not sure where everyone is getting their information but honestly if you look at the NEW barca 1/5 it has so many improvements that the latest reviews state pretty much the opposite of what everyone is saying. I personally purchased one a few weeks ago just to check the quality of the upgraded version and can truthfully say its not a bad buggy at all. Sure the radio and electronics aren't great but for 520.00 I don't think you can complain. I have some pretty high dollar units sitting around and for the low cost of this buggy you really can't go wrong if you want to get into 1/5 scale. Take a look at all the improvements and run one before you say its junk is all I'm getting at.

munch.gif

Wow! The poor guy just wanted to know what fuel to use.

Dirtdrifter welcome to the forum.
Enjoy your stay and try not to ask anymore questions.
gotcha.gif

Good Answer...lol

munch.gif

Wow! The poor guy just wanted to know what fuel to use.

Dirtdrifter welcome to the forum.
Enjoy your stay and try not to ask anymore questions.
gotcha.gif

I never meant for it to go down this path..lol. I answered the question he had with the correct info but the kids made fun of me so I had to defend myself...lol. Have a great day all........:D

I answered the question he had with the correct info but the kids made fun of me so I had to defend myself...lol. Have a great day all........

Nobody made fun of you, and I only see one person behaving like a juvenile here. Exceed is a cheap brand, that's a fact. If you don't like hearing it, then don't mention them. If you're happy with the product, that's great. Just don't try to convince the rest of us, especially veteran builders & drivers, that the exceed stuff can in any way, shape or form compare with something from HPI, Losi, Associated, Tamiya, Kyosho, Durango, OFNA, XRay etc. It's like claiming that your Harbor Freight or Home Depot tool set is just as good as Snap-on or Matco, or that a Kia can run with a BMW, or that a Mossberg Maverick is somehow equal to a Benelli Supernova.............

Don't wear your feelings on your sleeve, don't look for insults where they don't exist, and do a little independent research on facetiousness/sarcasm and levity.

Back