Car break-in, wheels turn when off ground, is it normal?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Izigoth

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi,

I finished my MT2 18SS, and it starts in no time, seems to run ok (still break-in) but what's weird, the wheeld start to turn like nuts... until I put the car on the ground and then it stops, or I pick up the car.
It looks like the wheels only turn when the car was just started, kinda hard to explain.
I don't think it's the slipper clutch as I installed according to the manual and the car takes of fine... I think...

I'm not sure if it is a problem, I'll look at it when I ran it a couple of times.

Bye,

Dom

well how fast because all rc's do that until you put them on the ground and then physics take over

It is fairly normal for the wheels to spin some when the motor is running at a moderate idle when it's off the ground. especially with stock clutch shoe springs. Just make sure that the truck takes off normally when it's on the ground and that when you are at an idle it doesn't roll.

When off the ground there is no load on the drive train. Even bearings in the CB will turn enough to rotate the wheels. If you put it on the ground, and the car creeps at idle, then the clutch is engaging slightly and the idle needs to be turned down.

Whew ok it stays put when idle... it's only when firing it up, as soon as I put it on the ground the car stands there till I give some gas, then it speeds up slowly ... pretty normal behavious i think compared to my Kyosho junk from '91 :)

Well, on my buggy, I have it set so the tires don't spin at all. Even when its in the air. I would just worry about breaking in the engine, THEN messing with the idle, throttle, etc. Once you get through break in you can fine tune everything to make it perfect. Just gotta get thu the break in! :D

Back