Ups Sucks

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thekonz

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
UPS has horrible horrible service and no one should use them ever again. I ordered a OWB and some other little misc parts on thurs morning and got next day air so i could bash on saturday. Well bc of "adverse weather conditions" it was delayed and i called in and they said they would deliver it on Sat. Well it never came on sat and i called again and they said it didn't have a SAT delivery tag on it so it wasn't delivered. well i got it today and what did it have smacked accross the front. A bright orange SATURDAY delivery tag. WHAT THE HELL?!!! so i call again tonight and the first lady puts me on hold after 3 minutes and then I'm on hold for 15 minutes and get "disconnected", yea right. So i call back and talk to a real nice lady and then eventually get her manager bc she's done all she can do. So i talk to the manager and i have been pretty cool up till then and then when she says she can't do anything i get pissed and yell and argue and she gives me more bs and i just get fed up and say thanks bye and hang up.
So all in all i paid $24 for shipping and what happens nothing. get screwed that's what.
So all in all don't use UPS at all costs.... its not worth the 3 bucks you save over FedEx.

USPS! Best service out there!

I have to admit. I like UPS as the preferred method to ship large packages. For smaller ones I will USPS. UPS's tracking is second to none IMO. Just lately they have screwed up A LOT.

Lost a few packages for work. Total cost is about 2K in losses.

I like how instead of knocking on your door and giving you the package, they leave a note to go pick it up. Twice I have caught the delivery person walking away from the door and asked if the package was for me, and it was.

Are they scared to talk to other humans?

WoW... You spent $24 on shipping for a $12 part.... OUCH...

Well I have had great service from UPS. Maybe they like us Canadians better ?? Always top notch and the best tracking by far. Fedex is good to. When Zandor sent me the crawler I got it in 4 days ..Pretty good I think.

Coming from a guy that has shipping all over the world for years......

USPS the best for anything under 15 pounds and international
UPS only in the USA, NEVER international, and large boxes
FEDEX TOOOOOOOOOOOoo expensive anywhere. I don't know how they stay in business.

I have had UPS Delay my packages a few times. FedEx is good, but one time didn't deliver a check my mom sent priority overnight... She called em up, they said it had been destroyed, and it was no more. So, she had to cancel the 200K check, and write a new one... They didnt tell her how it was destroyed, or refund the money...

.21Rc10GT said:
I have had UPS Delay my packages a few times. FedEx is good, but one time didn't deliver a check my mom sent priority overnight... She called em up, they said it had been destroyed, and it was no more. So, she had to cancel the 200K check, and write a new one... They didnt tell her how it was destroyed, or refund the money...

Was your mom buying a brick of coke? lol They have these things called "wire transfers" for sums of money that large.

NCNitro said:
Spoken like a true company man!

Yeah, listen to Team17 or he will go postal on ya! LOL. :D

lol.. And we are cheaper!

BTW: Stamps are going up to 42 cents! :jittery:

jon2 said:
I have to admit. I like UPS as the preferred method to ship large packages. For smaller ones I will USPS. UPS's tracking is second to none IMO.

Agreed!

i guess since I'm from Memphis where Fred Smith and FedEX rule UPS blows there. I think they are just mad at memphis and me. They hate me. I like USPS. why don't more people offer stuff thru them like overnight options.

I don't have much problems with UPS.

Kinda ticks me off they will leave the package on the porch without anybody signing for it.
$500 worth of rc sitting there just waiting for someone to take it.

sweetdiesel said:
Was your mom buying a brick of coke? lol They have these things called "wire transfers" for sums of money that large.

She doesn't like wire transfers. She is a fan of old fashoned paper checks. LOL She sends and recieves checks all the time through fedex... thats the only one that got "lost"

phx123 said:
...the best tracking by far.....

So long as the package actually gets there you'd never know it's all bullshit, would you?

Yes, UPS sucks bigtime

If the package shows a SCAN in Portland OR, how could it have burned up in COLORADO?

"That is not a physical scan, it doesn't mean the package was actually there. That is a logical scan."

Yes, any time I order someone online I usually have it shipped via USPS or FedEx.

-Michael

glad to hear most of you all hate the brown baggers. did you all know they don't paint the roofs of the trucks to "save" money. well that didn't help my package get here faster so what the hell. oh and they said the package was delayed the first time bc of weather conditions and the letter i typed to send to HQ said "Ok I don’t remember hearing of any tornados or what not in Kentucky or Illinois, so if you consider rain an adverse weather condition your company is doomed because it rains a lot. "

I hate to start a flame war but what you said is off the wall. If you buy paint of two different colors with the same quality they will cost the same. Maybe having a white top helps with keeping the truck cooler. Also could the white stripe help with letting light in so they can see what package they are picking up. Check this out http://www.cynical-c.com/archives/003814.html
thekonz said:
glad to hear most of you all hate the brown baggers. did you all know they don't paint the roofs of the trucks to "save" money. "

i dunno that's just what i was told. that sounds better tho.

Last edited:
Back