RPM parts

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puffnstuff

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
For you guys who might be interested I querried rpm and they emailed me telling me that they've got some parts in the works for the mgt. They didn't give me an estimate as when to expect them but they did say that new arms were in the works. I look forward to their arms as the stock ones are wimpy.

Did you know that the T-Maxx RPM arms fit the MGT???

are you sure? the hubs work but with spacers the arms I am not too sure. do you have a part number

Ok this is what they sent me.

We do have some plans for parts for the Monster GT currently in the works (including a-arms) which hopefully won't be too long before we release them.
If you are interested and would like be one of the first few to try it, the RPM T-Maxx steering knuckles and the Monster GT steering knuckles are almost identical. They are a direct bolt-on but you do need a few extra pieces to get them to work properly. First, obviously, you will need a set of our steering knuckles. Next, you will need some Associated 1/4" axles shims (2 packages of the Associated #6373 shims - 14 to a package). You will need to place 7 of the shims between the two bearings in each carrier on each axle). Next, you will need two packages of the Traxxas T-Maxx pillow ball retainers (Traxxas #4934) since the Monster GT threaded retainers are of a different size than the Traxxas ones - they are almost identical but please do not try to thread the Associated ones into our steering knuckles - you will damage the threads in the knuckles. Here's where the catch lies. The Traxxas pillow ball retainers are sold in two pieces - the retainers and the bushing caps. the retainers are no problem but the caps are sold only with Traxxas pillow balls (you will need two packages of these as well - Traxxas #4933). It's not that big of a deal but it does increase the cost of the upgrade a little. Once you get those pieces, our steering knuckles bolt right up on the MGT. All of the geometry of the Associated and Traxxas knuckles are identical so you won't need to modify anything to get them to work.
As a side note, we are working on a knuckle conversion package for MGT owners but it may be some time before we get them out. I hope this helps.
As for the Savage, it is a box-stock very tough truck. We are looking over the possibility of producing some cool RPM parts for it, but if the truck really isn't having any problems with its parts, there really isn't any reason for us to make those parts over. We try to produce parts for vehicles that need help in the strength dept. If it's already a very strong truck, there are many other vehicles out there that could use the time and attention of RPM much better. If you are having problems with a particular part of the truck, please drop me a note with what you are seeing. Any info. you can provide may help in future determinations of new products from RPM.
Take care and thank you for your interest in RPM products. If you have any other questions or comments, please feel free to send us another e-mail.

RPM arms

Just got an email back from RPM, said new MGT parts should be on their website next week. Can't wait, this should cure some of the problems.
BW

Back