Platinum Revo

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mallanaga

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
revo_pe_logo_fs.jpg

150cc Fuel Tank
The new larger fuel tank increases Revo’s fuel capacity to the maximum limit for sanctioned racing, resulting in fewer pit stops during long mains. In addition to adding capacity and run time, the new 150cc tank is engineered to seal properly every time for consistent tuning. Like the 125cc Revo tank, this larger tank is also baffled and sumped to prevent fuel starvation.

Aluminum 17mm Splined Wheel Hub and Hex Nut
Newly designed 17mm racing hubs and wheel nuts incorporate new features and benefits that are exclusive to the Traxxas Revo 2008 Platinum Edition. For precision alignment and unsurpassed torque handling the all-new splined design interlocks with the new 3.8" dish racing wheel for a solid fit, lap after lap. The ground-breaking new design also accepts traditional aftermarket 17mm hex wheels. An easy-to-use molded wheel wrench is included for easy wheel removal and installation.

Large 6x13mm Outer Axle Bearings
Newly designed axle carriers utilize larger 6x13mm outer ball bearings that can handle 56% more static load and stress when compared to the stock 6x12mm Revo ball bearings. The durable, large rubber-sealed ball bearings are designed to handle hours of nitro off-road racing.

Steel Pivot Ball Retainers
New, steel retainers keep the pivot balls in place even after the most brutal crash. The new axle carrier design provides all the benefits of aftermarket aluminum carriers without the penalty in weight and cost.

Compact Receiver and Battery Box with Integrated Personal Transponder Mount
A smaller, more compact radio box is designed for all-out racing. The receiver/battery box is equipped with an on/off switch with charge jack, a blue-anodized antenna crimp nut, and a high-performance 1100mAh NiMH receiver pack that delivers 6-volts of steering authority. An integrated personal transponder mount adds to the clean chassis layout and is another example of the race-inspired features integrated into the Revo Platinum Edition.

Rigid Throttle Servo Mount and Air Filter Support Bracket
The new throttle servo mount ties into the chassis to hold the throttle servo securely in place for strong braking power. Its trimmed down design is lighter and more compact than the stock throttle servo box, and the mount is also molded with an extra mounting boss for the air filter stand-off wire.

Large High-Volume Dual-Stage Air Filter
Engineered to work with all Traxxas air filter bases, the new extra large dual-stage air filter increases air flow to the TRX 3.3 Racing Engine. With more air intake the TRX 3.3 holds an incredibly consistent tune during long dusty mains. The dual-stage traps large particles in the outer element, while the inner element flows clean air to the engine. The large free flowing cylindrical design allows more air to get to the carburetor, which equals more horsepower!

Response Pro Tire and 3.8" White Dish Wheel
The all-new Response Pro tires are the ultimate in off-road racing performance. A taller profile increases side bite and offers better bump handling, while the new tread design and ultra-soft compound stick to the track surface. The outside row of spikes are contoured to provide just the right amount of side bite for smooth, predictable turn-in. The new Response Pro racing tires come equipped with race-tuned foam inserts. New 3.8" dish wheels are the perfect match for the Response Pro racing tires. The dish wheels include uniquely molded hexes that lock into innovative splined 17mm hexes for increased torque handling and rock-solid alignment.

Durable Spring-Mounted Header
For main event winning durability, the new Revo spring mounted header provides a tight seal while allowing just enough flex to prevent race ending air leaks due to collisions or impact. A steel header ring spreads the spring load evenly and adds another level of durability. The longer and larger diameter header utilizes a free flowing design that allows the engine to breath for improved high and low-RPM power and efficiency.

Mirror-Polish Resonator Dual-Chamber Aluminum Pipe
The dual chamber Resonator™ aluminum pipe delivers the most broad and linear power band from the TRX® 3.3 Racing Engine. It's dyno-tuned for torque down low and big horsepower on the top end. Mirror-polish finish looks great and stays clean longer.

Shortened Body Posts
Shortened front and rear body posts offer low slung body mounting positions that are ideal for racing.

Hard-anodized, Teflon®-Coated GTR Shocks
Ultra-long lasting hard-anodized, Teflon®-coated aluminum GTR shocks are the ultimate in off-road performance, offering silky smooth damping. Thanks to the extra tough hard-anodized finish, shock performance stays true and consistent for less maintenance and better handling.

Smooth and Durable TiN Shock shafts
Titanium Nitride coated shock shafts deliver ultra-smooth damping and the durable titanium nitride finish offers durable, smooth, long-lasting performance.

Variable Damping Shock Pistons
For the ultimate in off-road performance, new variable damping shock pistons improve traction and bump handling. Slower compression rates matched with faster shock rebound speeds add stability and superior control through rough track sections.

50WT Shock Oil, Orange Front & Gold Rear Shock Springs
Countless hours of factory testing and racing resulted in a balanced shock setup that excels at most tracks and under almost any condition. Orange springs in the front and Gold springs in the rear are matched with 50wt silicone shock oil to offer a combination of great bump handling and quick response to get you in and out of the corners in a hurry. When paired with the Revo sway bars this combination can’t be beat.

Tight-Handling Progressive-2 Rockers
Optimizing Revo’s advanced suspension geometry for track duty; Progressive-2 rockers provide balanced bump absorption and chassis response for handling that can’t be matched by conventional suspension designs. For more information on the benefits of Revo's rocker-based suspension, click here.

Dual #2075 Digital Waterproof Steering Servos
Two #2075 digital servos offer up a combined total of 250 oz-in of torque and 0.16-second transit speed for authoritative steering power and precise control. Digital circuitry increases response and provide instant torque. The servos are also waterproof for racing in any weather condition.

Sway Bar Kit Featuring Red-Anodized Front Turnbuckles
The Revo Platinum Edition is equipped with a fully adjustable front and rear sway bar set. Sway bars dramatically reduce chassis roll in the turns and allow for more corner speed and steering response. Maximum adjustability is available with the installed thin or included thick sway bar sizes. Red-anodized aluminum turnbuckle links are used up front for a factory tuned look while reducing weight.

Auto shifting Two-Speed Transmission
The heavy-duty forward-only two-speed is easy to adjust and it delivers smooth and consistent shifts every time. A simple twist of a 2.0mm hex wrench and the shift point can be adjusted to shift earlier or later.

Center Differential with 500k Weight Silicone Oil
A high-performance forward only center differential is factory installed and race-tuned with 500k weight silicone differential fluid. Under acceleration the center differential improves on-power handling, rear traction, and rough track handling. The center differential also allows the adjustment of front/rear brake bias.

Close-Ratio Two-Speed Gear Set
Great for racing, the close-ratio two-speed gear set offers seamless, quick 1-2 shifts and strong acceleration in second gear. Optional accessory standard-ratio and wide-ratio two-speed gear sets are also available when tuning for running in large areas or racing on large tracks.

High-Performance Vented Front Disc Brake
For outstanding brake performance and zero brake fade, the Platinum Edition Revo comes equipped with the high-performance vented brake disc. The vented brake rotor keeps brake temperatures down for maximum stopping power and fade-free braking during long A-main races.

Dual-Disc Rear Brake Kit with Adjustable Linkage
The rear dual-disc brake system allows the front and rear brakes to be adjusted independently for maximized braking power and efficiency. With the turn of a thumb knob the brake bias can easily be adjusted to suit any driving style. Add more rear brakes to increase rotation by sliding the back end around corners or add front bias for aggressive stopping power prior to entering the corner.

#2075 Digital Waterproof Throttle Servo with 125 oz-in of Torque and 0.16-Second Transit Time
A 2075 digital servo also provides the throttle/brake duties for maximum control over acceleration and braking. Powerful, digital torque increases clamping force on the brakes.

Ball Bearing Throttle Bellcrank with Lightweight Return Spring
The throttle bellcrank is outfitted with ultra-smooth ball bearings for precise throttle control. The return spring has been replaced with a lightweight spring for faster throttle response.

Black Silicone Exhaust Coupler and Deflector
Included are the accessory black exhaust coupler and deflector for stealth looks.

Machined Aluminum 40mm Flywheel for use with Starter Boxes
The larger 40mm flywheel is machined from high-grade aluminum and provides easy starter box access. The pattern on the edge is specially cut to increase traction against starter box wheels.

TRX 3.3 Racing Engine
The high-revving TRX® 3.3 Racing Engine is the engine of choice for winning performance. The TRX 3.3 is engineered and dyno-tuned for linear power delivery across the whole rpm range. Whether you’re accelerating for the holeshot or winding the revs to the 50,000 rpm redline down the straight, the TRX 3.3 Racing Engine is ready with the horsepower. A stock TRX 3.3 Racing Engine was used to win 4 out of Revo’s 6 National Championship titles, including the 2007 ROAR Nationals. Click here to learn all about the award-winning TRX 3.3 racing engine.

IPS Crankshaft and Backplate for Maximized Horsepower
The starting system is replaced with a TRX backplate and precision machined IPS crankshaft to free up extra horsepower. The backplate and crankshaft allow an efficient fuel/air mixture to flow through the crankcase, while significantly reducing overall engine weight.

Titanium-Anodized Chassis and Chassis Brace

For a true factory look, the new titanium-anodized chassis and chassis brace offer ultra-sleek looks to compliment the new Platinum Edition Revo.

TUBES Red-Anodized 7075-T6 Front and Rear Toe-Links
For the ultimate in great looks and durability, TUBES aluminum toe links are incredibly strong and can withstand even the most grueling off-road conditions. A simple twist of the included 7mm wrench will adjust the length of the toe link to achieve the desired toe angle.

Red-Anodized Push Rods with Steel Threaded Inserts
These beautiful fire red-anodized aluminum push rods are a perfect compliment to the TUBES toe links and are reinforced with hardened steel inserts for superior strength and reliability.

Extended Wheelbase, Adjustable Rear Suspension Arms
For increased stability over rough terrain the Revo Platinum Edition includes adjustable, extended wheelbase rear suspension arms. Choose between 10mm or 19mm of wheelbase extension over the stock Revo wheelbase.

Formula-1 Style High-Downforce Black Revo Wing
The streamlined style of the new wing incorporates Formula 1 styling and functionality. The extra down force enables steady, controllable flight and positive rear traction in any situation. In addition to improving handling, the wing protects the body and engine during a tumble.

Adjustable Wing Height and Deflection Angle
Traxxas engineered a technologically advanced wing mount specifically for Revo. The cross-brace has two positions for variable wing heights. Mount the cross-brace in the upper location for more down force, or bolt it in the lower position for faster top speeds. The wing mount offers three deflection angle adjustments for precision track tuning.

Black-Chrome Race Bumpers
New race-inspired bumpers are trimmed down for all-out racing and coated in a beautiful black-chrome finish for an aggressive, yet sleek appearance.

New Molded Steering Components
Leave your Dremel tool in the toolbox. New molded steering components offer maximum steering throw for improved steering performance and a tighter turning radius.

Last edited:
Wow. That is the BEST upgrade edition I have seen on any ride. Not one, or two or even a few but it has MANY. Nice work Traxxas!

just when i thought i could move on to a buggy or a crawler.

damn them... damn them all.

Crap... When they release the upgrade kit... I might have to go for it.. it looks awsome. Does it come with a FOC? I don't see a reverse servo.

it has a center diff... same thing as FOC, essentially.

I'm tired of the savage..i want something fast. how's a revo sound?

LMAO! I might have to get one of these. It will give me an excuse to keep the Savage clean.

like you really need an excuse... ha!

You know, I've been wanting one of these Revo's for a looong time now. Is this an add on kit or a rtr truck?

RTR Truck. They might make it an option add-on kit for the regular 3.3

son of a gun $%^ #&&*( )&@#$%^&^$#

I have two highly modified Revos for sale .make me an offer son of $%^&* traxxas sons a **^&^&*()..........

so yeah... Stormer is gonna sell 'em for $699 I read somewhere else. Pretty good deal if you ask me. I don't really want another MT (truggy really... sort of) but if I was a racer I'd definitly have to take a look at that. man that's a nice setup. I honestly think I'd trade my Maxx for one of those

That is a flat ready to race ride.Include a nice race body and black chrome wheels to match the new bumpers instaed of the white and whooo ewww and mabey a factory big block :) Yea ,I always find something to complain about. I have been waiting for a Revo since the first 2.5 one came out.In the past few months I aquired two one brand new 3.3 and one real lightly used and race ready 3.3. I might have to have an auction because I LIKE that Special Edition.Other than the servos ,which are even nice,this thing has me beat.For $600 -$700 thats a good deal compared to what I have into mine.

More info here:

http://traxxas.com/products/nitro/revo/revo5304/trx_revo5304.htm

I just ordered a Hyper ST, should have waited for this :( Woody should have put this in the Lotto instead of the Baja.

Stormer does have it on pre-order for $699 (its 1200 MSRP)

https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/seekpart.pl?src=ns&pn=TRX5304

RC Planet too:

http://www.rcplanet.com/Revo_2008_Platinum_Edition_p/tra5304.htm

well towerhobby have it at $900

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXUNL0&P=7

traxxas could have made this a 1 -2 knock out if they'd have released this and a brushless revo at the same time - that would have set the MT world on fire!

first company out with a 1/8 brushless MT is gonna clean up...
and the rest will be scrambling to keep up!!!

At least traxxas didn't do the whole logo, guess what's coming in 10days, 8hours, 14minutes, 33seconds thing again

I pre-ordered mine today, not available until April 11th. This is one to not miss out on. I work weekends at my LHS, and we had this on the fax when we opened this morning. We pre ordered 4, and I reserved the 1st one that we get for my own.

It does not come with radio system, requires a starter box,glow igniter, and is shipped with a clear body.

I am thinking about getting one and leaving it in the box... Wonder what t would be worth in a few years when you can't find them anymore. Just a thought, but I know that I have one on the way. Expect pictures around the middle of April.

Back