Stock SS alignment specs

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rossb

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I just finished assembling my SS. I set all of the alignments specs to the values in the manual and when I put the tires and body on the vehicle I noticed that my alignment was way off.

It is pretty easy to see that my rear tires are toe-in (horizontal pointed in) and positive camber (vertical leaning outward). My front tires are a little better but they are positive camber as well. You can see my alignment in the picture below.

I went around and checked all my alignment specs and they are still at the specs in the manual. All four upper turnbuckles are at 10mm (supposed to be zero degrees camber). The two rear tie rods are at 44.5mm and the two front tie rods are at 44mm. The rims and tires are mounted properly.

I am sure that I can fix this if I play with the alignment specs but I was surprised to see the truck so far out of alignment with the factory specs. Is this a common problem?

align.jpg

I'm not a Savage owner, but does it get any better when you push down on the truck, (lower ride height) ?

Check those adjustments with the arms just above level. I think that is the base for the manual. I'm using the stock settings and they don't look far off by eye-balling them with the arms at about level.

It should correct itself at a level ride height. Right now, your Savage seems to be at maxx ride height, & will affect your handling characteristics immensly...

I will check it at a level height tonight. When I push down on the truck it seems to pop back up to fairly high level.

Last edited:
Mine was the same way? I posted the same question, I had to crank down on my upper arms past the threads and turn the rear turnbuckels in a couple turns?

I checked it at various ride heights and the camber did change a little but it was still way off. The toe did not change at all with the height. I set the camber with a t-square and the turnbuckles. I set the toe by eye with the tie rods. It looks a lot better now.