Novak Brushless motors?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Renegade88

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
What ever happened to these? and where can you buy them?

does anyone know how much better these are than regular motors? can they keep up with nitro? i was thinking of installing one in an old electric monohull boat i have.

yes, they outperform Brushed motors.

At the local races, some dude has one in an old ass Tamiya road car, like 12 years old and he beat the new Xrays with their fancy ass 8t motors and foam tires.

He also ran for 12 minutes before he started to Dump.

Did i mention this was with a Dynamite 1500 pack?

u have got to be kidding me :madface:

Yes they are that much better.
I put one in my Micro RS4 and had to get rid of it. WAY to much power.:shhh:

Get ready to spend a few bucks if you want one.

Newbie, I'm not kidding, he took 2nd overall.

man - i didnot think they were that long lasting - that will pretty much sell me, if i can get that good of a run time out of one.

yeah the Novak SS rocks. I have one in my TC3 and its unbelievable. My TC3 can now hang with nitro TC's in aceleration and very close in top speed all with 8-10min runtimes and no maintence. no brushes to replace, no coms to cut nothing to clean. just plug in and run.

The novak system works flawlessly with 6 cells, has perfect part throttle operation (no cogging at all) and doesn't need a seperate reciever pack for the electronics. it may not be as powerfull as a hacker setup but the Novak SS is the easiest to setup, install, and use.

I have a pic of my Novak SS TC3 in my gallery.

Last edited:
yeah, thats what I'm getting........Well......not.

I want to get the 8t Hacker system, and a IRS Chassis.

Does the hacker system need a seterate Receiver pack for the ElectronicS?

a seperate reciever pack is usually needed with most BL setups because the controller or ESC can not handle the load of the bl motor and the electronics at the same time. Not runing a seperate reciever pack can sometimes cause anything from cogging, to over heating, reciever glitching, or sometimes worse. Some setups do run fine without a seperate reciever pack for what reason I don't know. I've seen 2 e-maxxes both with the same hacker setup.. one needed the reciever pack the other ran perfect without it. so I could not tell you for sure. I'd just buy it and give it a shot.. if there are problems then try the RX pack.

they are FAAAAAST . a friend of mine from the hobbyshop just put one in his rs4 electric. and raced it against the store tech/store sponsored racer's supernitro with a .21 conversion. the .21 is FASTER, but the brushless accelerated so much quicker and smoother that they were at the end of a very long parking lot before the supernitro started to catch up. also they last VERY long. i would definitely invest in the novak system if i still did electric.

faster, smoother, and longer lasting then regular brushed motors.

Back