UPDATE: 100's of General Tips in a Printable Format???

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

midcoastsurf

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
100's of General Tips in a Printable Format???

Hello,
I am still new to the Nitro R/C world and first would like to say thanks to everyone here for their help and patience.

I was wondering if all the tips on this site are in a printable format so I could just print off 100's of tips from painting bodies, to home-made tools, to engine porting, to buying and selling, etc.

I would like to be able to print out JUST the tips (not all the discussion part) so that I can start a binder to keep near my workbench or take with me to read when I go racing or anywhere else. Putting the tips into different topics like "tuning", "suspension", "painting", "mods", etc. would help, especially to make a binder with all of these. Plus, when newbies like myself come here, they can have most of their questions answered by just opening up the file/ or clicking on a link, without having to search through hundreds of posts using the search feature. (I'm not dogging the search feature, I have used it quite a bit, but can find it difficult to find exactly what I'm looking for.)

Maybe this already exists, but I would GREATLY appreciate it if we could somehow get this going or someone could post the link to one that already exists.

Hope this post made sense.

Thanks!!! :arrr:
Brad

That would be sooo hard.... Plus, whoever would put this together would have to use the same search button as you. So it would be easier to just look for the tips you want. O, and welcome to the forum. :D

great Idea, I am sure someone has allready started this.

thats a great idea but would take alot of work... theres a plethora of knowledge to be had here on rcnt...organizing it would be another story however. it would be great if someone did it though.

someone start a thread.. only put tips.. no disscusion.. call it tips only thread.. then he or someone else can go through and copy, paist to word and then put it on a sticky to download

theres a thread started on rccaraction.com forums. I think its a pretty good idea, but way too hard to sort out.

beason said:
someone start a thread.. only put tips.. no disscusion.. call it tips only thread.. then he or someone else can go through and copy, paist to word and then put it on a sticky to download

tips without discussion = disaster .....some peoples mouths work a lot better than their screwdrivers

Hey everyone,
It looks like people were pretty interested in this idea, but were concerned about controlling the comments following the tips.

What do you think of this idea:

If you have a tip to submit, send it directly to my e-mail account with a heading like: R/C Tips (_____). Where the _____, the person sending the tip would put what section the tip should be placed under. For example: R/C Tips (engine) or R/C Tips (painting), etc.

I would then create sub-folders in my e-mail account and easily be able to divide up the tips into the various folders just by what's in the parenthesis. I would later put them into a list of bullet points in another format like Word. If it is a tip on how to tune a carb, then it would be something like steps 1-5.

To make sure people aren't sending too many of the same tips and to know what tips have already been submitted or if there is a tip that should be "edited", I will try and post all the tips in one file or post every week or so for people to view.

I am willing to do this and think it would definitely take time and organization, but am willing to try.

Please give me your feedback on this idea and what the different topic headings should be. I think there should at least be: painting, engine, gearing, radios/servos, wheels/tires, suspension, and general maintenance.

If you want to get this going, please send your tip in an e-mail with one of the above headings in the ______ space of R/C Tips (__here__).

PS - if i don't post in a few days it's because I am going out of town for the weekend.

Thanks a lot, :arrr:
Brad send tips to: [email protected]

Merged the two threads. No need to create another one, just amend the old one or ask a staff member to help you.

Thanks

Jon2
RCNT Staff

On the top left of the page theres a "Tips" section and when i first started Nitro and ran across this site, I printed that off, and still actually carry it in my field box.. Good stuff

Back