Mr.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sohail

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hello! I am a new member.
About three years ago, I opened up my 30cc two-stroke monster truck. Didn't get time to reassemble it. Now, I got time and took about three days to clean the carb and other small things. The silicone rubber bulb for pumping the fuel was also replaced (the old one had worn out). Finally, got it going. To my astonishment, I started it about 7-8 times and fine tuned it, but after resting for about three hours, when I tried to restart it, its not budging. I have tried putting in a new spark plug, checking the current and fuel flowing. Everything seems to be normal and working, but the engine has simply refused to start. I have not been able to check the compression value and would do it soon, but if its not up to the mark, why did it start a few hours back?
Any help or suggestion?

There is reason in my mind to tell you it may be a ring issue on the piston. Does it turn really easy now? Like, TOO easy?

First check for a spark. If you have none, there's a possibility that the key has stripped between the crank and the flywheel and now the timing is off.

If the spark is good make sure the rubber membrane in the carb hasn't torn. They weaken and dry out as they age.
You'll also need to go through the entire fuel system, from the tank to the engine, to make sure no dirt or gelled fuel has gotten clogged in there.

Back