Losi 1/5 Scale Desert Buggy

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SchrodeMode

Hardcore RCTalk User
Active Military
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Has anyone else seen or heard about this? I've only seen it on the Horizon Hobby UK website. I like, what do y'all think?

j27-buggy-xl-01.jpg

j27-buggy-xl-12.jpg

j27-buggy-xl-15.jpg

I definitely like!, UK always gets great stuff before Canada. Like the gas powered savage.

That thing looks like a beast.

I could see that joining my collection. :D

Looks like an aftermarket parts dream rig with all the plastic. 23cc engine is a fail.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody considering this should know that it's actually a rebranded Himoto/RCMK rig. That's why there is no parts comparability with the Losi Five.

Anybody considering this should know that it's actually a rebranded Himoto/RCMK rig. That's why there is no parts comparability with the Losi Five.

I know but it looks so neat!

I still want one. What's the one that looks like it made by Himoto/RCMK? Cause the ones I've seen look different, also one webpage I found didn't have any 1/5 on it.

My hobby store, the one I got the mERV from sent me a members e-mail saying, they just got these in stock, and it can be mine for 1049.99 w/shipping, but if I do then it'll set my wraith project back a few weeks. I'm so torn!

@Alexander_0_1 do you have a large scale RC already? If not, once you get one you'll be hooked!

Last edited:
I like the thought of fuel being so readily available as opposed to having to Jump into the truck and travel 300km one way for a box of nirto fuel.

I like the losi 1/5 SCT a lot, just not its price tag. Also I've had good luck with HPI products.

I am thinning the herd a bit to fit one of these into the collection. The 40 minute runtime really interests me.

I am thinning the herd a bit to fit one of these into the collection. The 40 minute runtime really interests me.

The long run times of gas powered 1/5 scale are awesome. You will love it. Being able to run cheap chainsaw gas can't be beat!

Back