RedCat Chimera

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reddog

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I was in a toss up between two trucks. I ended up getting the RedCat Chimera. In less than a week I have somehow broken a lower suspension arm, the rear wing mount, cracked the bar that the hood mounts to and had a steering servo seize. I was very impressed right off. The first time I tried to start it it was a no go. Had a bad kill switch. First tank was done just idling on a stand. Second was up and down the drive, no throttle. The third I went for about 30 seconds before having steering issues.
Am I doing something wrong or did I get a bum truck?
Shaun

I dont know that model but Redcat has been one of the cheapest quality rc's around for several years. Them, exceed, turnigy and some others are just not great when it comes to lasting long. NOT all of their models are crap though, some are right up there with the big names, but they still have many low end rc's. Sounds like you just may have gotten one of them. Sorry to hear that.

I have sent an e-mail to RedCat to see if they will back this or not. Either way I have it now so I may just be in for some real rework. Shaun

RedCat says they are going to take care of things. I have thought it over and have decided I will not be using the stock servo's. I will be ordering a couple Savox servo's. The cage damage I have been able to repair without to much problem. While I wait for parts I am re-engineering how the rear suspension is set up, would like to be able to remove the cage when working on it. Overall it is a good cr for the money, as long as RedCat takes care of the issues. Shaun

Well they did send a new steering servo. But that was it. Everything else is on me. Good thing I had already ordered new lower arms. It is back together and going again.
There is a TON of room for improvement with this one. But it is still a fun machine. I will do a rework later on with it. As for now I will continue to run it as is. Shaun

Back