Just another 5B, but it's mine now

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dimzin

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
5B I scored yesterday..
5B-0000_zps7da50eec.jpg

Think 5 bills is too much for a 23 w/2 sets of Dirt Busters (w/Wheels) and 1 set of Tarmac Busters (Mounted), K&N filter, I think it's the SS exhaust, Stock Tx/Rx, charger and an assortment of tools?
FINALLY got my 1/5th HPI. Whoooo-Hoooo.
I think 1st replacement is new clutch.
Suggestions?
-D-

Last edited:
I personally just wait for something to break on mine before I upgrade. These bad boys are built tough so you may have to wait a while....

There are plenty of areas to upgrade but I agree I'd wait until you break something first... well other than getting rid of that air filter for much better stock filter.

What he said ^^ but I recommend the killer RC gas kill switch. It's not really an "upgrade", but it will save your a** one day:p

Brandon

I'm impressed, had it out @ acreage for past few days and after a bit of tuning got it ripping up the lawn and spitting driveway w/no effort @ all.
Been sitting on a slightly used Zenoah 26 engine for a couple years.
I'm thinking about upgrading but am kinda happy w/this so far.. just might keep it for a spare. Unless of course I hear that I won't have to hunt around for conversion parts.
Anyone have any input on the intricacies of swapping out the stock 23 for a Zen 26?
-D-

Direct swap should be able to have it changed in just a little while. no conversion parts needed.

There are plenty of areas to upgrade but I agree I'd wait until you break something first... well other than getting rid of that air filter for much better stock filter.
Replacing w/the original??
Sooo, the K&N (That was "upgraded") b4 I got it was in fact a downgrade?
Is that because of the actual filtering capabilities of the dual foam layers or is there increased airflow w/the stock or combination of the 2?
What about the velocity stack that the K&N mounts to? (Into the parts bin??)
Seller told me he got a performance increase but also had trouble keeping a decent tune since K&N.
-D-

I doubt he got enough of a performance gain to notice, and they dont filter well enough for small engines.

From the looks of it, he hadn't had it that long. I don't think he really knew wtf he was doing either (First run (quickie)I thought the clutch was shot) turned out it was lsn needed adjusting so it could actually get rpms up enough for hs to kick in.
I think I've had it going better in the few days I've had it than he ever did.
Seeing as how I don't have the original filter hardware But I DO have the filters themselves, do you think fitting the outer filter over the K&N would be worth the time or should I just scoop a whole new filter assembly?
-D-

Just get a new filter assembly and then maybe an Outerwears Pre-filter cover.