Pushrods on Revo 3.3

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tmash

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey Everyone,

I bent one of the front pushrods on my revo 3.3. I looked up the part number and had a set ordered to replace it. When I got them home and compared them with the original, the new ones were shorter. Occording to the parts list I needed a 5318, which I ordered. The push rod that was on my revo had red on each end. I was wondering if these come stock with the 5319x. According to the parts list this is red? I also do not see a pushrod on the list that is specified for the P2 rockers. Anyone run into this?

If you are running P2 rockers and the red rods, you need to add a couple of the red spacers to the ends. They should've come with the replacement rods (I think) but that's why they are shorter.

I guess I should clarify, the whole pushrod is not red, just at the ends. Are you saying that there are red spacers on the ends of the original pushrods that I need to take off and put on the new pushrods?

OK, maybe adding pictures will help.

These are the stock pushrods. You should not need spacers to fit to the rockers:

StockRevoPushrod.jpg

These are aftermarket aluminum pushrods. You will need spacers to fit to the rockers:

AluminumRevoPushrod.jpg

These are the spacers that I am referring to:

RevoPushrodSpacers.jpg

I am not seeing any aluminum pushrod ends, but that does not mean they do not exist, only that I have personally never seen them. If you have the stocker rod ends (black plastic ones) you may want to put those on and see if they are the correct length.

Tmash in reading Monkey Wrench's posts you have to understand that he knows absolutly nothing about rc!

J/K :D

He is infact correct when using jp2 rockers you need those spacers between the rod and the end.

Tmash in reading Monkey Wrench's posts you have to understand that he knows absolutly nothing about rc!

J/K :D

He is infact correct when using jp2 rockers you need those spacers between the rod and the end.

Well, FA-LA-LA-LA-LAAA...LA-LA-LA-LAAAAA to you to!

P2 rockers use stock 2.5R push rods with those red collars. Your push rod shouldn't be any shorter if your comparing the rod to the new rod.

If your comparing the rod without ends to the new rod without ends and the new rod is shorter, then you have the wrong set.

Any diffrences between the aluminun, carbon fiber or titanium rods other than the material?? What is the preference in the field.

I ran the Lunsford Ti pushrods, broke too many of the aluminum red one's and saw too many other break them as well. The Tubes (red toe-links) are a different design and hold up much better though.

I've had the stock ones with P2 rockers and those little red collars for over about a year. I haven't broken one yet. I have busted 2 rockers, bent a rocker shaft and snapped the end off of 3 shocks. But I haven't bent/broke a push rod.

I broke three, and I have seen at least another dozen break. All broke right at the base of the threads.

i have a problem i bought new red push rods for my revo 3.3 and they are shorter than the stock ones are they post to be like that?????????????????? if not tell me what to do.

The 3.3 comes with P2 rockers which require spacers on stock 2.5 revo rods. Are your rods shorter from thread tip to thread tip or from ball end to ball end?

You may just need to get the collars and put them on your new rods.

Back