Good, Cheap Engine for Bashing????

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buggyracer28

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey, I'm starting a bash soon and I don't want to ruin my $250 Novarossi engine by bashing too hard... What is a Good, Cheap Engine that would still suit bashing needs? lol. thanks.

Take a look at the Hyper 8port, its nice and snappy and runs from about$109 to $129 if you shop around. It comes in pullstart or starterbox.

XTM 21 Pro Racing Engine V2.1 is $120 at Hobbypeople right now and is a good engine.

OS .21 rgx, sell for about 130 for PS version or 110 without.

My last engine was an RG (starterbox) and I got it for $85.... it was a great deal, brand new. Ill have to look around...

I use the RG in my 9.5 buggy.....I like O.S. engines

Yeah, i liked the rg also... maybe I can get one used for cheap...

I usually got to my LHS w/ 90 bucks in hand and they do it....for the starter box variety......great lil engine for the price

I love my OFNA Hyper 8 Port thats on my Mugen. Very reliable, And powerful.

ok... so its pretty much down to the RG and the Hyper 8 Port.... Are the Force engines cheap? I heard they are kinda fast but are kinda bad for everything else...

Buggyracer28 said:
ok... so its pretty much down to the RG and the Hyper 8 Port.... Are the Force engines cheap? I heard they are kinda fast but are kinda bad for everything else...

I had one(force .26) in my ofna buggy it was an ok engine, its your basic no frills engine that comes with many RTR buggies, but once I swapped in the OS RG the difference was like night and day, OS just blows it away big time. I would say to take that off your list of maybe engines.

ok... looks like I'm getting another used rg....

I second the B01. Three port engine with a good deal of kick! You can get the cheap on ebay often (and new), as people break down Storm RTR's and sell the engine.

The RG, a few people at the track have purchased this motor when all their Hyper 8-ports died mid-season. Looks like a nice motor with a price you can't beat!

I wouldn't touch the Hyper 8-port, personally. I've seen far too many of them take a nose dive after a gallon. Bad compression or impossible tuning. Some people replace the carbs on their Hyper 8-port engines but if you're looking to buy an engine (meaning, you don't already have one) then why bother.

you could also look at a xtm 24.7 or the gs25mt (they are the same engine) you can find them on ebay new for about 100 - 130. Great engine and all kinds of power!

I'm getting an OS RG soon, as it is a 21 and legal for racing. However, if I wasn't racing, I would pick up a Dynamite Mach 26 for $140 or so. I've heard good things about the Mach 26.

Back