park bashing vs desert bashing

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jon2

Nitro ASSpired!!!
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Ok My Brother and I went bashing in the desert in Palmdale and probably spent more time wrenching then bashing. We Both took our Tmaxxs and our MGT's. We would have brought our PCR PRO's but the terrain was too rough. I also had no more room in my truck. It seems that our trucks kept dying after running it for like 10 minutes. We did't go WOT for more than a few seconds..5 seconds tops. Now the funny thing is that when I take the ramp to the park we can run forever and take jumps and keep going. the weather conditions for the park are clear and sunny and the Desert was clear and sunny but very dusty. I was running a motorsaver with a pre-filter so the dusty terrain would not hinder my airflow too much. Any ideas why our engines kept dying? Our temps never topped past 255. Lots of torque and top speed and bothare running MC-59's on all of the trucks.

Help? :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

you might have to tune for the temp/elevation.

hotter --> lean
colder --> richen

higher --> lean
lower --> richen

OK well I just assesed my damages. On my MGT I have bent my right front CVA and lost the bone on the other side so I am left to buy titanium ones from GPM racing unless I find some elsewhere. The TMaxx surprisingly is still together. I did put on a RC RAVEN type cage and it has protected the TMAXX pretty well but it is heavy so... anyways I am going to take apart the engine tonite to check her out and will get back to you guys. still wondering why it ran well at the park and not at the desert.

Nitro Freak I bashed at the park at palmdale and 5 minutes away at the desert. I will install a new plug if it needs.

Thanks

Jon2

Loose dirt sucks up power, so you are probably running harder in the dirt. Don't always trust your temp gauge either, mine started reading 50° low yesterday. You need to tune by ear first - When I change driving conditions, I richen it until it won't run clean wide open, then close it 1/16 turn until it just runs clean and pulls hard. Extended wide open requires up to 1/4 turn richer than tight course driving too.

Could it be just because of the extra drag the sand was causing? I don't run in much but mowed grass at parks, so I wouldn't know if it would really matter or not.

Hope you didn't suck some sand dust in your engines and screw them up.

jon2 said:
Nitro Freak I bashed at the park at palmdale and 5 minutes away at the desert. I will install a new plug if it needs.

Thanks

Jon2

oh ok, my bad. i though you went to the desert like far away from you. whoops :spit:

jon2 said:
Ok My Brother and I went bashing in the desert in Palmdale and probably spent more time wrenching then bashing. We Both took our Tmaxxs...:

ahem, stop. rewind. play. Any questions?

p.s. not trying to be a peepee... just in a silly mood

Lessen said:
ahem, stop. rewind. play. Any questions?

p.s. not trying to be a peepee... just in a silly mood

Not to be a peepee but what are you saying?

more wrenching than bashing and tmaxxes. I just thought it was kinda funny thats all heh. I'mma go look for my hole now

Lessen said:
more wrenching than bashing and tmaxxes. I just thought it was kinda funny thats all heh. I'mma go look for my hole now
stop spamming in the threads damn it!your post are useless and make no sense.

Ok well I am not being harsh as I read your posts before and they are one liners that have no bearing to the thread or just plain confusing. Your apology is accepted but try to make posts that help the thread not confuse others. Hese threads help others as well.

Jon

I take mine to Vegas with me from time to time and it doesn't run as well there even with some tuning. I blame it on the fine dust and harsh terrain. I've had similar experiences running on baseball diamonds. Runs great for a while but the silt takes its toll. That's why on anothe thread I'm moving the filter to the front.

Ahh, the problem may be because in sand thraction is very little and you spend a lot of time spinning the wheels looking for some bite. In a park there is plenty of traction in the grass so there is very little wheel spin.

Back