Tuning the High speed and low speed needle?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

francis

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have just broken in my savage 25 without moving the needles at all and it was running as you would expect. I am unsure of how to go about tuning the HSN and LSN to get the best out of my savage. Can anyone help me?:shrug:

after all the idle tanks and running in oval for a couple of tanks u would see that it starts to bog down when u rev it u start to lean the hsn 1/8turn clockwise...till u see that its not bogging down ....on the lsn when u see that its hard for the truck to take off u lean the lsn a bit also..if udecided that u want to put it back on its settings make sure u dont turn it all the way in cuz u will be turning the mid range needle also which will mess up the tuning ..u dont need to set the mid range needle ...

There is no mid range needle on the 25, only high and low, remember you want to adjust the HIGH setting FIRST, after it is good then you adjust the low, if idle becomes a problem then adjust the idle up a little at a time just enuff that it stays running but doesn't move unless you give it some throttle from the radio, once you have things set to a good setting give it a test run, remember there should be a slight trail of smoke coming from the exhaust when you give 'er the gas, if not it is too lean and needs to be richened up a little, better to be a little too rich instead of too lean, if you don't already have a temp gun it would be a wise investment to get one, good temp is around the 220 range

Last edited:
Back