Traxxas Slash Class

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharliesTheMan

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
We've got a big crawler club here in Louisiana, and alpinehyperlite met up with a few guys the other day to go crawling. The club is also working on something else, a traxxas slash class. They're going to be holding a series at each crawling comp with their slashes, and I'm thinking I might buy one today or tomorrow and get it on the fun. I ran across this list of slash class rules just in case some of you were thinking about having some serious 1/10 scale CORR races.

Rules for the Ready To Race - Spec. Class
This Class is basically for the Ready-To-Race Version of the Vehicle as shipped by Traxxas. The idea is to limit the amount of hop-ups or modifications to the factory supplied vehicle.

Body: All trucks must use the Traxxas Slash body.

Chassis: No modifications may be made to the chassis system. Vehicle must be raced in it’s stock form. Original Traxxas Replacement parts only, as supplied on original truck , for damaged/worn parts.

Suspension: Both the front & the rear suspension systems must remain in stock form. Original Traxxas parts only. No aftermarket/Hopup replacement components may be installed.

Legal Tuning Parts – Original Traxxas Shock Springs may be used
Shock Cap may be replaced with Alum Shock Cap #2667
Original Traxxas Turnbuckles maybe used 3139X, 3139A, 3737, 3737A

Steering: No modifications may be made to the steering system. Original Kit parts only. You may install any servo saver or servo drive-horn that you so choose.

Bearings: Any manufacturer Bearing may be used.

Electronics: Original RTR Kit electronics Speed Control (XL-5) & Servo (2075) only. You may install any Receiver you so choose. On board traction/drift device or Gyro’s NOT permitted

Motor: This class is restricted to a stock Traxxas Titan 12T R/C motor.

Battery: This class is limited to any 1 - 7.2 volt” Nicad” , “Nimh” made up of 6 “SubC” size cells, or 1 - 2S 7.4 Volt Lipo battery pack

Wheels: Original Traxxas Slash 2.2” wheel

Tires: Original Traxxas 2.2” Slash Tire

Drive line: Only the original Traxxas Drive Train may be used. No aftermarket or Hopup replacement drive components may be installed. Traxxas Steel Planetary Gear Differential Only. Any of the 3 Traxxas spur gears (4683, 4686, or 8690) are permitted. Any pinion gear that mounts without modifications needed may be used.

Ball Differentials are NOT permitted in the Spec Class

Weight: Truck must weight no less then 4.75 pounds ready to Race.

Rules for the Ready To Race - Expert Class
This Class is basically for the Open Class of the Vehicle as shipped by Traxxas. The idea is to limit the amount of hop-ups or modifications to the factory supplied vehicle to any of the Traxxas Slash Option Parts.

Body: All trucks must use the factory Traxxas Slash body.

Chassis: No modifications may be made to the chassis system. Vehicle chassis must be raced in it’s original form. Original Traxxas Replacement parts and Hopup parts allowed.

Suspension: Both the front & the rear suspension systems must remain in stock form. Original Traxxas parts only. Traxxas Hopup/Option replacement components may be installed.

Original Traxxas Shock Springs may be used
Shock Cap may be replaced with Alum Shock Cap #2667
Original Traxxas Turnbuckles maybe used 3139X, 3139A, 3737, 3737A
Original Traxxas, Alum Axle Carriers, BigBore Shocks, Pro-Series Shocks

Steering: No modifications may be made to the steering system. Original Traxxas Alum Castor Blocks (3632X or 3632A), Alum Steering Blocks (3636X or 3636A) , Alum Steering Bellcrank (3743X or 3743A) parts may be used. You may install any servo saver or servo drive-horn that you so choose.

Bearings: Any manufacturer Bearing may be used.

Electronics: You may install any Servo, Speed Control, or Receiver you so choose. Electronic Drift Box or Gyro’s permitted

Motor: This class is open to Brushed and Brushless motors.

Battery: This class is limited to any 1 - 7.2 volt” Nicad” , “NiMh” made up of 6 “SubC” size cells, or 1 - 2S 7.4 Volt Lipo battery pack

Wheels: Any 2.2” wheel, Including Beadlock style, may be used providing that it is no wider than 1.200”

Tires: Original Traxxas Slash 2.2” Tire

Drive line: Any Traxxas aftermarket or Hopup replacement drive components may be installed. Any of the 3 Traxxas spur gears (4683, 4686, or 8690) are permitted. Any pinion gear that mounts without modifications needed may be used.

Ball Differentials permitted in the Expert Class

Weight: Truck must weight no less then 4.75 pounds ready to race

I didnt know they were on sale yet Charlie. Can you tell me who I can order one through? PLEASE

The best deal that I have found is with ultimate hobbies. They are offering them for $179 with free shipping. Traxxas has just started shipping them in the last few days to their vendors, so I expect to see them arriving to customers that have preordered them in the next week sometime. That's not a guarantee, just my estimate.

Ultimate Hobbies Slash https://www.ultimatehobbies.com/istar.asp?a=6&id=TRA5805!1008

Traxxas info showing shipping http://www.traxxas.com/products/electric/5805/trx_5805.htm

super..mine should be here in about a month. haha i pre-ordered mine, but my lhs isnt that bg so he's low man on the totem poll for first out orders...o well...

Thanks Charlie, but it apperas they wont ship outside USA. A main has them on backorder for $199. Guess I'll have to wait.
Thanks mate.

The best deal that I have found is with ultimate hobbies. They are offering them for $179 with free shipping. Traxxas has just started shipping them in the last few days to their vendors, so I expect to see them arriving to customers that have preordered them in the next week sometime. That's not a guarantee, just my estimate.

Ultimate Hobbies Slash https://www.ultimatehobbies.com/istar.asp?a=6&id=TRA5805!1008

Traxxas info showing shipping http://www.traxxas.com/products/electric/5805/trx_5805.htm

Sweet, thanks for the info. My gf has become interested in RC Racing now also and I think this truck would be an excellent choice for her since she doesn't care for the noise of nitro. Guess i'll be calling the LHS on monday to see when they expect to get them in.

Man these thinsg are SWEET. Wheelbase is 13 inches, and everyone says that it is scaled really well, and the scale speeds are great. I'm about to order mine right now. Thought you guys would like to see some real video of them in action. I think traxxas hit a home run with this one. These are going to be insane when set up with brushless and LiPo.
http://s131.photobucket.com/albums/p310/tapped-out/?action=view&current=5f7b0869.pbr

Back