Best Monster Truck out there!?!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skyline Racer

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey, Please tell me which one is the fastest, funnest, durable, part avaliblity , And etc.
Thanks!

-I'm liking the XTM Mammoth?

Savage seems to be winning the Monster Truck war this year.

Savage it is all out sweet in everything you asked for besides the speed but it is stilll real fast.

i would go with x-factor..... that is new inovative product with kick ass different suspension for a nitro... i have sen video's on this and they kick ass.. these wheely ez, fast, can rock climb, jump, they all around the perfect truck, that is my next rc i am gona invest in....

CEN Genesis,i'm going to wait no it ....

I only have a Nitro MT but dream of monster truck (TAX TIME :dance: )
Allmost all the parts i see in magazines are for the T-MAXX or Savage, I Know the Feb issue of RC Car Action had a great review of XTM Mammoth($400), 52MPH top speed:dancin: Included high torque steering servo, reliable engine, said it was a great truck, It made the cover shot so go pick it the issue and start drooling. In my opinion that's what I'm shooting for but hey I haven't seen anything on the Genesis besides it's a 10 shock setup Good luck

Not sure how much you read on the mammoth, but it's a buggy style MT. The diffs and trans are all above the chassis plate, which gives you a better COG. I can see why it can hit speeds in excess of 50. It's probably one of the few MT's out there than can support that much speed.

I'd like to see a little more on how it handles big air though. Due to it's build, I can't see it hitting 15ft of air all day long without snapping in two.

I can break anything put in front of me and the Savage was no exception. Minus one broken dogbone, a spur gear and a fuel tank the Savage has survived my punishment and asked for more. Best out of the box I have seen thus far.

I say go with the savage. Tough as nails and plenty of parts readily available!!

Savage or Mammoth gets my vote straight out the box.

monster gt for durability-- def hands down-- can beat the truck to death and it still keeps goin-- just aint that fast---

I dont know if its the best but the Mamoth kicks butt.
This thing flys and high speed cornering is awsome.
Its heavy duty to the max.
The only problem I have had was the clutch disinigrated. But XTM
sent me a new updated (thicker) clutch and flywheel (you need both for the new clutch) in like 2 days time for free! It was easy to change (as far as clutches go), and I havent had a problem since. Well worth the money!!!!

I can't decide between the monster gt and the savage ss. they are both very durable and can catch a ton of air off of the ramps.

Stay away from the Hot Bodies Dirt Demon. A few guys came in the hobby shop looking for parts (we don't stock them, very few hobby stores stock Hot Bodies parts for Hot Bodies vehicles) and all 3 complained of how it broke very easily. One guy's driveshaft snapped and he hadn't even gotten through breaking it in yet.

Is anyone having issues finding XTM parts? The only place I found them is at hobbypeople.com. I havn't run accross an actual store that has anything in.

Just another brand you may be wary of unless you don't mind waiting for shipping. Although, they are quite a bit cheaper.

i dont have a savage but have seen it perform many times and have to say get it because its the best bang for your buck as far as durability