RPM Parts for the 3.3

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jon2

Nitro ASSpired!!!
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I wanted to try and get more info on what parts will be available to the public for the Revo 3.3 as to arms and possibly an ETA on when the extended wheelbase arms are due out.

My Email to them..

Hello

I have recently purchased a REVO 3.3 and I want to change out all the
parts I can to RPM. I noticed that Traxxas has an extended arm set for the
Revo line. Does RPM plan on making something similar to that? I really want
to upgrade. Can youplease tell me all the parts I can use for the revo 3.3?

Kind Regards,

Jon

Their Response...BTW was quick and sounded very polite in his email..

Dear Jon,
Unfortunately, we have come to the conclusion that setback a-arms for
the Revo are not parts that will likely build. The new Revo 3.3 has an
extended chassis instead of incorporating those a-arms into the design so we
are anticipating that all Revo's will likely have the new chassis in the not
too distant future. That leaves very little room to develop and market a new
version from RPM before they become obsolete. If we could kick out a set
quickly like the billet guys do, we would consider it more of a viable
option. Unfortunately, building molds is quite time consuming and costly.
Therefore, we have to be very careful with what we produce. I hope you
understand our position on this subject.
As a quick side note, if you already have the 3.3, you really don't need
the extended wheelbase a-arms. Your truck should handle quite well without
them.
All current RPM parts for the Revo except for the 2.5 Head Guard are
interchangeable with the 3.3. I hope this helps.
Take care and thank you for your interest and support of RPM products.
If you have any other questions or comments, please feel free to send us
another e-mail.

For those that want to use RPM and expect to use the extended wheelbase arms... its a no go from them. Oh well the original ones are still available as well as the Traxxas extended wheelbase arms.

Jon

Last edited by a moderator:
Bummer that have chosen to ignore the thousands of potential customers that have the original 2.5R Revo like I have based on an assumption Traxxas will discontinue the original chassis. I don't think Traxxas will discontinue the old chassis based on the same reasoning RPM is using not to make the extended arms. Just look how they keep stretching the life of the T-Maxx chassis. JMO.

Thats sad considering that even the traxxas sponsored guys are running the frog legs with the new extended chassis.

OK, so RPM is not going to make the extended A-arms for the 3.3, right? Wondering, will the Traxxas extended A-arms fit on the 2.5 chassis?

I wanted to convert over to the RPM ones but looks like the standard is what I am left to use. Who knows maybe they will change their minds BUT I just didn't want to buy the OG RPM arms then have to change out if and when they do make the longer ones.

I do like them, I didn't run the truck much witout them, but its very stable and has less tendency to spin out. Well worth the couple bucks it cost.

I think they are making a mistake, I bet thats going to be a popular upgrade. Thats one of the hop ups I was looking forward to later on.....The rc fund is gone for now LOL

extended a-arms make it wider(left to right) or longer (front to back)

dirtybird said:
extended a-arms make it wider(left to right) or longer (front to back)
They make the revo wider. THis means it gives it a wider stance from side to side.
The new 3.3 has an extended chassis that makes it longer , meaning longer from back to front.

vbgagnon said:
No jon longer front to back.
you know what I meant... but yes they add more to the front.You guys don't miss anything!:ponder2:

i thought it added length(front to back) but the chassis already seems kinda long. i would rather find a-arms to add a wider stance(side to side). i did buy hardcore racing a-arm extensions for the t-maxx that make it 1" wider and i figured it would fit the revo which they do. but the hex is to small to fit on the rims. all it does is spin inside the rim and goes nowhere. is there something else i have to buy for the conversion or did i buy the wrong thing?

dirtybird said:
i thought it added length(front to back) but the chassis already seems kinda long. i would rather find a-arms to add a wider stance(side to side). i did buy hardcore racing a-arm extensions for the t-maxx that make it 1" wider and i figured it would fit the revo which they do. but the hex is to small to fit on the rims. all it does is spin inside the rim and goes nowhere. is there something else i have to buy for the conversion or did i buy the wrong thing?

I think something is wrong, the Revo and Maxx both use a 14mm hex. Did you put the axle pin on the axle before putting the hex on?

vbgagnon said:
No jon longer front to back.

I wouldn't want arms to make it longer but wider is better.

NOTES FROM OUR TECH DEPARTMENT
This is an optional set of A-Arm Extenders for the Traxxas T/E-Maxx.
These thread into the ends of the suspension arms.

FEATURES: Titanium construction
A-Arm extenders enlarge the width of the vehicle by more than 1"

INCLUDES: Four blue A-arm extenders
Four 3mm set screws

REQUIRES: Installation onto vehicle.

SPECS: Length: 5/8" (15mm)

COMMENTS: These extenders will not work with CVDs designed for the original
length T/E-Maxx trucks.

Hardcore Racing A-Arm Extenders Blue T-Maxx

go to tower hobbies.com and select tmaxx- hardcore racing products

i dont know how to put a picture on this forum

Back