Revo ez start

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlos Aguilar Garcia

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Help, mi engine is stuck. If i try to turn the flyweel, it is very hard, and if i get it tu turn, the ez start motor will turn too. When i conect the ez start controller unit, the engine starts but as soon as i remove the controller, it will shut off because the ez start motor puts a lot of resistance to the engine, what can i do, i already took apart the ez start housing and everythings seems to be in place and there are no missing parts, what should i do???

Does the engine have a pull start? If so take the ez start off and try your engine that way. If it works fine then I would take the ez start all apart to make sure that nothing is binding or anything like that.

The only thing I can think of that would cause this is the one way bearing is locked up. Open it up, and make sure you can rotate the bearing only one way. If it's locked, it would be spinning the gears back to the motor.
It should lock and turn the shaft one way, and rotate freely in the other direction. If you have ever removed it, there's the possibility that it went in backwards. I've seen it happen with some setups.

are you sure you're rotating the flywheel in the right direction?if you try rotating it the wrong way it feels alot tighter.I'm just wondering if maybe the problem is related to a bad glow plug? have you replaced the glow plug since you broke in the engine? just a couple thoughts.

the samething happen to my fried today it went one tamk of gas on break in and we let it cool and it never turned abian(ez start motor) the led on the controller fo rthe motor didn't some on? hs is going ot get it looked at tom.

it was the one way bearing it seized a flip of the fly wheel will get it moving but during break in the motor is really tight so, he opened it up and the bearing was locked had to replace it, it is a common problem