unwanted guests

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Three lakes wildlife management area around Kissimmee is where I saw all the banana spiders.
Also a few in the everglades in Collier county but not nearly as many, I guess all the gators at them:hehe:

Yeah i lived in Ocala Florida for a little while with my last wife. Those Banana spiders get HUGE! they may be pretty to look at until you turn a corner and one of em is sitting on your face from running into his web! I thought i was having a damn heart attack when it happened to me.. Actually i think my heart did skip a few beats.

I have to say the only spider I've seen up close and personal, that I was absolutely terrified. (even though it was in an aquarium was this.)

goliath1.jpg

It was as big around as a nice nice sized dinner plate at least 10 inches in diameter. Its called a Goliath Bird Eating Spider

I use to keep a few Tarantulas also (I guess I don’t have arachnophobia) but nothing that size, those that size are very expensive.
Too watch a tarantula hypnotize a mouse when placed in the cage with it, and then pounce for the death blow is astounding to see.

I use to keep a few Tarantulas also (I guess I don’t have arachnophobia) but nothing that size, those that size are very expensive.
Too watch a tarantula hypnotize a mouse when placed in the cage with it, and then pounce for the death blow is astounding to see.

definitely I used to have a rosy hair tarantula, but the Goliaths are just massive. They have 1 inch fangs. I'm sorry but there was no way i was going to hold that.

Right now my dad has a collection varying from a rosey hair to the colbalt blue vietnamese triantula. He has 3 goliath bird eaters, and yeah their fangs are MASSIVE!

I'm not getting within range of any spider big enough to flip my RC when I ran it over!!!!!! That's what I own guns for!

This thread is starting to make me feel a bit woosy! LOL All these creepy spiders! I hate spiders as much as I hate clowns!! Remember those old movies where the wife would put a poisonous spider under the covers and when the husband came home and got in bed the spider bit and killed him!! I am 34 years old and still check my shoes before I put them on... especially my work boots out in the garage!

One of the places I fish has a lot of cypress trees, on these cypress trees are some BIG brown fury spiders! I don't know what they are called but I have seen some of them get 10+ inches from front to rear, the body gets a few inches but the legs are long. I'll try to take a picture next time I go.

Tarantulas are pretty cool. The old girlfriend used to feed hers raw hamburger meat.

I'm staying up here, in the north. The winters may suck, but at least the wildlife isn't trying to do me in. :whhooo:

I'm staying up here, in the north. The winters may suck, but at least the wildlife isn't trying to do me in. :whhooo:

If i see a spider in the house with 1" fangs or 10" long is the day i start shooting guns in the house! I didnt know there was such a thing as a brown widow!

Don't come to Texas, then. It seems like we get cockroaches that are bigger than that.....

Killed a black widow that thought she was gonna make a nest in the bottom cabinet of my grill last week. Reached in to turn on the tank and it was about 3 inches from my hand, I sprayed the hell out of it!

Don't come to Texas, then. It seems like we get cockroaches that are bigger than that.....

But if I were in Texas, I would be able to shoot guns in the house!!:D

Those cockroaches are the reason that .22 magnums are so popular here.

I found this in my garden today, I think it's a banana spider not 100% sure though what do you guys think. View attachment 11590

Think is I live I'm southern Ontario, Canada.

Last edited:
Back