low speed needle

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MAD-MAXX

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i am having problems with my low speed needle. after break in i changed the high and low speed needles to what the book said. the high speed needle works great, so does the regular idle needle, its just that low speed needle. my elivation is like 5400 feet, I'm 100 feet higher than denver. could it be the elivation? glow plug? I'm getting a new glow plug today. when I'm in low speed it struggles to go but when i do get going it halls @$$. i need that low speed to work!
any suggestions? can someone help me, the time did get to dive my savage 25 it was the funnest time ever!

thanks, mark :cheers:

Try leaning it out 1/8 a turn. Check your temps so you don't over lean it .

thanks jon2 i will try that when my roto start battery is charged

jon2 did you mean 1/8 from 2 1/2 turns from closed or 3 turns from fully closed?

Just turn it 1/8 to lean it where it is now so long the conditions haven't changed.

thanks jon2 it defantly helped

MAD-MAXX said:
thanks jon2 it defantly helped
Just be sure to observe the temps and the trail of smoke. Just cause it reads around 210-250F doesn't mean its fine. A nice trail of smoke should be coming out of the tail pipe. Nothing dark.

:buggy1: k i will be sure to check that :redbuggy:

well i still havent succeded yet but you guys have defantaly helped. i have decided to just take it to hobbytown and have them do it. i took it in today. i can't wait to get it back. it will be great not having to worry about tunning issues n e more!!!

Mark

Back