front wheel drive

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a dawg

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I am new to the sport and don't have very much knowledge about it. i bought a t-max and it drove fine for 5 or 6 rides, but i crashed hard and now it only has front wheel drive. If it is upside down and you spin the front wheels, the back ones wont spin. i think it is the differential but am not sure. So if some one can help me out and tell me what it wrong and what i need to fix it, then i would be very thankful.

a dawg

You might have broken a center drive shaft. That's the weakest point in the drive train. Mine broke there long before I ever had a diff problem.

but when i spin the front wheels the drive shaft spins on both ends, and when it hit the rear diff, the back wheels wont spin

Did a pin come out that holds the center axle on on the rear diff? The shaft could just be spinning on the rear diff axle.

olds97_lss said:
Did a pin come out that holds the center axle on on the rear diff? The shaft could just be spinning on the rear diff axle.

i'm not sure, i haven't taked it apart yet, i am nervious about breaking anything. but i guess that there is only one way to find out. i check it out

alright, thanks for all of your guys help, i am going to go and try to tackle this. i'll let you guys know of the results.

Hold the drive shaft in the center of the truck, and drag the rear wheels on the ground, or have someone turn both of them in the same direction. Can you still roll them while keeping the driveshaft from turning?

Back