pull start vs. non pull start flywheels?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NooP

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Having a smaller flywheel as well as smaller engine mounts will reduce the CG. = a better handling vehicle.

Edit.... Besides that, the pull starts as small as some can be need additional room to clear the chassis. This is where you would need a taller engine mount.

Last edited:
which one should i order if I'm using a starter box? pull start or non-pull start?

--NooP

Originally posted by NooP
which one should i order if I'm using a starter box? pull start or non-pull start?

--NooP

non pull but a starter box can also be used on a pull engine.

will the wheel on the starter box still be able to reach the flywheel?

--NooP

NooP-

It really depends on what engine mounts you're using.

The taller the mounts (as in pullstart engines) usually the flywheel is a bit larger in diameter so you have the option of using the pullstart or a bump box.

With shorter engine mounts you should use a smaller diameter flywheel as the engine is closer to the chassis. If you didn't use a smaller diameter flywheel it might actually clear the slot in the chassis and you would stall your vehicle if you were to ever bottom-out or run over something that could strike the flywheel.

So, if you're going to use your pullstart engine mounts order the larger diameter flywheel.

The basis for all this is the pix in the tower pages, right? Don't always trust the info and pix that tower posts. I know they try, and I'll give them credit for doing an outstanding job most of the time, but I have seen some really obvious goofs (like saying a boat is a sail boat, but also listing the motor and esc as required for it, hmm).

Go to the manufacturers website and get the info from them. Then order the part based on the maunf. number.

Back