ICE Power Supply ?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NCNitro

Fist of Goodness
In Memoriam
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
What power supplies are you guys using for your ICE chargers? I just purchased an ICE and want to upgrade my old dinosaur of a power supply as well. I am looking for a 12v 20 amp supply, and was just curious what the rest of you are using. Also where can I find the best deal on one? Thanks.

How much do you want to spend?
20A units aren't cheap. (Good Ones)

I can get Rivergate or Competition Electronics units if your interested.

Thats much better priced than some of the other ones I have been looking at! So it has worked well for ya huh, I may have to look in to that one. Thanks guys.

From what I hear they work great for most applications. Their weak point is they tend to heat up after around 5 minutes of high output (over 15 amps). 99% of the time if your going to just be charging single packs @ 5-6 amps its not really an issue. If you plan on running 2-3 chargers and a lathe or sharing your PS with others in the pit you may want to look at another.

I'm using the LRP and it's been great so far. I think it's a 15 amp. I like it cause it's so small, I set the ICE on top of it and they are a perfect pair.

How much is that one Zandor?

Although probably more than you need up here in the Great White North Alinco power supplies are very popular. They have a 30 amp model thats really nice. I have two Astron 20 amp power supplies running high output ham radio gear and have had no problems either.
dm330mve.jpg
Here is a pic of the Alinco. Nice and small. For info www.alinco.com

i use a rivergate bulldog i have no problem running my 2 chargers (ice&pulsar2) off it at one time while running my fans to keep the packs cool and my car stand that has a fan in it also...

Back