Dynamite Big Block Conversion mach 26

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SuperMaxx83

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
well i just bought adynamite kit and i was wondering if anyone out there has tried thiss kit be4 and if they had any probs with it also if they make special bodys for exstended chassis or if i have to run regular bodies links and comments will help in any way :fro:

You could run savage bodies, they're usually a bit bigger, or even MGT bodies...

well i tried my monster gt bodie and it dont fit like i want it to also tried my savage body and the wheel wells dont line up good enough for me

get the crowd pleaser 2 body for 1/8 scale trucks...or the escalade body from proline...they make one cut for .21 conversion maxxes.....but I ran MGT bodies and it fit mine perfect......

I run the Proline EXT F-350 body... It is made for the longer chassis.

that's what they do...any of the pro-line bodies w/ EXT in the part number or name will fit....

is there abything i should do to my truck that can help me in the long run

i would upgrade tranny gears and do the foc,mip cvd's, and better slipper clutch/spur combo for that mach engine if you got the kit with the engine.

tyler

I'd do it w/ any .21 you put in it......that thing was designed to run the trx2.5 mill....and you're dumping more than twice that into it....

I'd do that even with a hot .18... lol My friend is running stock t-maxx gears with his 2.5 and he is tearing up rear diffs... i told him about shimming, but he wont do it... he maintains it doesn't need to be done.

yeah and he's proving that point so well isn't he.....lol....he's just lazy

well i only had to rebuild the rear diffs once and it already has cvd all around wut type of tranny gears are good but not big $$$$$$$$$ i already dumped a bunch in to this thing be4 i did the bigblock conversion anythign else i should do

robinson racing is good and they have stuff on towernobbies just search robinson racing or unlimited engineering does to but they are pricey!

tyler

yeah if you want bulletproof get the UE stuff but it is espensive........the 10mm FOC is just indestructable.......HCR makes a set of tranny gears you can find em around 70-90 bucks..but that has forward and reverse......
I'd do these:
8525 T-Maxx / 2.5 Maxx Hardened Steel Topshaft 17/22t $41.50
8586 T-Maxx / 2.5 Maxx Forward Only Hardened (Steel) gear kit $28.50

here's the link
http://www.robinsonracing.com/catalog/traxxas.html#trannygears

I wouldn't do all metal gears in th etranny cause you want some failsafe in there...there is one other gear you can get that's metal and still have plastic mesh to metal gears...I avoid metal to metal links whenever possible......I'd rather tear it down and replace a $5 plastic gear then have to do all that work and change 200 bucks in metal gears cause nothing gave out.....

Last edited:
I have an upgraded trany sitting here with all the upgrades installed.
I will need to take a look to see exactly whats in it but I believe it has a
Traxxas FO.
RRP gears, need to see what, but I believe all they make for it.
8166 E-Maxx Double-Disc Slipper Kit:
8365 (65t STEEL) Hardened machined spur
All new sealed bearings.

I think I have 2 sets of RRP Dif gears in my bag of tricks as well.

If your interested Ill crack it open and look.

I have a set of Maximizer ultra diffs... front and rear with the modded rrp gears. PM me if you are interested. I'm gonna buy the 1/8th gears to fit in my new bulkless, so these have to go.

.21Rc10GT said:
I have a set of Maximizer ultra diffs... front and rear with the modded rrp gears. PM me if you are interested. I'm gonna buy the 1/8th gears to fit in my new bulkless, so these have to go.
Thats a nice setup without having to convert everything over to 1/8th. Just about close to bullet proof as you can get for the money.

only down side is you have to tear em down to adjust the diff.....I guess .21Rc10GT is telling us he's a slacker and just want's to set it and forget it......

Last edited:
What? I'm not even in this thread. Plaid what are you talking about?

OOps wrong kid sorry...I knew one of you guys had those diffs.....I guess I should read mo bettah from whoo it comes the thread I reply to huh?

Back