Keep it a small block or go to big block?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

erock

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey i was wondering if keepign my maxx an 18 is a good idea. I want one of thos enew picco or sirios .21 and .23's fro my maxx. But i dont want to get a .21 conversion or anything. would the new .21,.23 motor be too powerful for maxx with a fastlan racing chassis with braces, GA bulks, skids, and maybe some UE Shock towers?

You may want to upgrade the trans with RRP steel and the diffs with al diff cases and al diff cups (integy cases are fine and maximizer or kippster cups are both good)

And probably cvd's as well.

I got the Sirio 23 in my maxx but I am breaking her in still 3 done but I will do 7 more. I want to take it slow and easy. I need to get the cvd's still but I will wait for my tranny to blow to change anything out. Diffs I am going to take aprt soon.

If you want that power go with a big block but keep in mind what my comrads above have to say... you'll definately need stronger drivetrain components. Also, no, a .21 or .23 is not too much power for a Maxx IMO. I have two .26's in my T-Maxx. When you add a lot of power you have to adjust almost everything else to keep it mechanically balanced. Am I making sense?

what are the different options for tmaxx drop in motors? how does the Ofna/Picco MAX.21 motor run?

Lessen said:
If you want that power go with a big block but keep in mind what my comrads above have to say... you'll definately need stronger drivetrain components.

Very true.

Back