Traxxas 1/8th scale funny car

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
traxxas-funny-car.jpg

The Traxxas NHRA Funny Car backs up its real-racing looks with genuine Funny Car performance. Install a Traxxas Power Cell 3-cell LiPo pack and the Traxxas Funny Car rips off the line with tire-spinning torque. Stay in the throttle and top speed leaps to 70mph and beyond. The body's fully functional aerodynamic design and high-downforce rear wing let you put power down like the pro's with spectacular launches and exciting speed...

Click to continue

That looks interesting. I might have to take a closer look at it since there is an RC drag strip here locally.

I think it looks good
i want to see some videos to see what the will do on NIMH and LIPO
wonder how long the tires will last and

Looks like fun if a group of guys get one and have drag races for bragging rights.

I'm liking one just to look at on the shelf.

Their kinda opening the door on some on road stuff that I didnt see coming. I bet its pretty fun in a parking lots or something.

Definitely a cool looking ride. Imagine if it had a working 'chute!? Either way I see some fun parking lot vids hitting YouTube in the future.

First person to market a reliable working chute utilizing the third channel is bound to sell a tone of 'em.

Saw this thing yesterday looks pretty freakiin cool

are we going to be seeing more rc like this that traxxas sponsors

we saw craftsman truck series 1/16 truck
now drag racing 1/8

whats next

Indy would be my guess.

Indy would be my guess.

Honestly, I've been hoping (ok, praying) they would do a 1:10 stock car. I'm talking more of a scale stock car, not just a body on a TC. Rear wheel drive, solid rear axle, independent front suspension, full cage. 200mm so current oval bodies would fit properly. I think that would take off. Maybe not RWD though, since many people would have a lot of trouble controlling it.

They need to make a MX bike dangit, they even sponsor pro riders, but have yet to dive into the RC bike realm.

I agree, I would love to see them come out with a Villopoto edition bike, as well as other pro rider versions.

Another guess would be a top fuel dragster. I actually think this is more likely than an Indy car due to the funny car release.

Another guess would be a top fuel dragster. I actually think this is more likely than an Indy car due to the funny car release.

Probably just stretch the chassis and outfit it with the new body. The other big name r/c dragsters are made using the same theory from what I've seen.

found this

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/21594424

My only thoughts on it even though it is not my thing is why if they had Castle build them a 2400 kv motor did they limit it to 3 s when Castle already has a 2400 kv that will do 4s. Plus the video doesn't really offer an opinion on the kit it's all yay Traxxas now can we have more free stuff?

Back