Broken shock tower.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

massivex

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I'm back in Toronto now with my new Maxx and showing off a little to my friends, when at a rather high speed I drove into a chain link fence gate. The hood got wedged under the bottom of the fence, and the force sanpped my shock tower.

I was going to take out the shock tower and try using CA glue and a vice to reset the tower. Before I had the chance to take off the tower I noticed that if I used my thumbs on the skid plate and used the rest of my hands to pull down on the A arms, I could use the shocks to pull the tower back into place and hold enough pressure for the glue to set.

The result: The CA glue made a good bond. Would it stand up? I went for session 3 today. It was cold, I drove fast, I crashed in snow banks. The shocktower lives!

It will hold for a bit. But not forever hehehe

CA glue is a lot stronger than most think. In that situation I would go for the JB weld for an even stronger bond. Best bet though is to just get some RPM shock towers. Now those are MUCHO badass and guarenteed forever like everything RPM makes.

:cheers:

You better get the RPM shock towers on the way cause you will bust that other one soon enough. No need to waste money on stock replacements the RPMS will last the lifetime of the truck. Stock towers will last a session or till you roll it again from my experience. X

rpm shock tower

Originally posted by Çh®i§tiªñ
CA glue is a lot stronger than most think.
Kinda OT here, but don't you guys remember the ad for crazy glue, which is CA Glue, from the 70s with the guy holding onto a hard hat that had been glued to a steel beam?

Yeah, and the one where they glue a volkswagon to a steel beam and raise it in the air with a crane. Back during the god old Leave it to Beaver days.

Now Ward, don't you think you were a little hard on the Maxx? haha!

Years of abuse has warped my mind and now it's about as good as my spelling. You are right though.

The thought with the Maxx was funny though.

Back